Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
By shahdan • August 4, 2015
This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an addiction!
- 4 large chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) - بودرة ثوم
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 200 gram mushrooms - عش الغراب
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 cup water (240 ml) - ماء
- 3 cup yoghurt (the individual cup from supermarket) - زبادي
- 3 teaspoon corn flour - نشا
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or more) - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 handful sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped for garnish) - بقدونس
- 1 sprig rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into cubes, and marinate with salt, pepper and garlic powder. (You can ask the supermarket butcher to cube it for you when you buy it.) Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge (preferably for one hour).
- Dissolve the corn flour in a little water (around 1/8 cup or less) to avoid any lumps, then mix it with the yoghurt and Dijon mustard in a bowl and set aside (leave at room temperature).
- Use a damp clean towel or wet kitchen paper to wipe your fresh mushrooms. (Mushrooms are never washed because they absorb the water.) You may cut them or just leave them whole!
- Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and 2 crushed garlic cloves and stir constantly until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of water to the chicken- mushrooms skillet, while scraping the skillet with a wooden spoon to release all the browned bits. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon some of the simmering water to the yoghurt bowl to gradually warm the yoghurt, and mix.
- Stir in the warm yoghurt mix into the skillet and lower the heat.
- Add the chopped sundried tomatoes, the rosemary, and taste to adjust the seasoning. You may add extra Dijon for a stronger flavour, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve!
Lemony Okra with Garlic & Coriander
This is one of my very favorite home recipes! Unlike the traditional okra cooked with tomato sauce,...
Molasses & Ginger Roasted Salmon
After several years of grilling salmon and watching cooking shows, I perfected my salmon. It is...
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Paleo cooking refrains from processed sugars and gluten but doesn't compromise on good taste. This...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]