No-Mayo Pasta Salad
By shahdan • July 24, 2015
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours of pepper, green spinach, sweet corn, leftover roast beef and a yoghurt dressing, this salad makes lunch time fun for children as well as grown ups!
Play around with this salad and make it your own! You can substitute roast beef with left over chicken, tuna, or turkey! And add other favourite extras such as cucumber, olives, dill, parsely or even sliced cheese!
Check CairoCooking’s Roast Beef recipe, for healthy roast beef slices that all the family will enjoy all week long.
- 200 gram pasta (pasta for two) - معكرونة
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 1/2 small red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1/2 small yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 small green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 4 slice roast beef - روست بيف
- 1/4 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 cup yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon mustard (to taste) - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook the pasta as per package directions. Make sure not to overcook it. Discard water and leave to cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and taste as you go. Add the mustard gradually to make sure it is not too strong.
- Dice the peppers, cut the spinach and the roast beef into thin slices, and discard any water from the corn.
- Mix all the veggies with the pasta and the dressing, pour the salad in a lunch box, then add the roast beef slices on top and cover. Keep refrigerated till the next morning.
Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut...
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Zesty Orange Shrimps with Apples & Peas Purée
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This is my own...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.