Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne
By Dina Hamdi • February 25, 2019
This Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne is known as Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons in its native, France.
Recipe is by Dina Hamdi.
This Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons recipe has been on my to-do-list for a very long time! My inspiration for this recipe was the same dish I tried back in Paris in a restaurant called Pizza Pino.
This lasagne is heart warming. It contains two different types of salmon; fresh and smoked with caramelized onions soaked in a super creamy sauce that combines béchamel with carbonara sauce.
- 2 1/2 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 liter milk - لبن
- 2 tablespoon oil - زيت
- 1 whole onion (diced) - بصلة
- 400 gram salmon (fresh and cut in cubes) - سمك السلمون
- 3 slice smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 1 liter cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 4 egg yolks - صفار البيض
- 100 gram parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 pack lasagne - لازانيا
- 4 teaspoon salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Off the heat, mix the flour with the milk in a medium bowl gradually until smooth.
- Place the milk mixture in a pan on medium heat and keep on whisking. Then add cooking cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and set aside to completely cool down.
- In another pan, heat oil on medium heat and saute diced onion. Keep on stirring until it turns to dark golden color.
- Add the fresh salmon cubes for a few minutes then add the smoked salmon.
- After the béchamel sauce is completely cool, add the 4 egg yolks, and whisk.
- In a large baking dish, poor some béchamel sauce and spread it at the bottom. Arrange the lasagne (uncooked) sheets, then the salmon stuffing on top. Add half the Parmesan cheese to the rest of the béchamel sauce then spread a layer and repeat with the lasagne sheets and stuffing. Pour the rest of the Béchamel sauce and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 180*C. Serve hot.
This pan-seared scallops recipe is very easy and simple. Scallops are highly nutritious, full of...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family...
The Perfectly Roasted Quail
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do...
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]