Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy veggies… Serve it with glass noodles or white Basmati Rice.
- 500 gram shrimp (medium peeled) - جمبري
- 3 large carrots (thinnly sliced) - جزر
- 3 large zucchini (thinnly sliced) - كوسة
- 1 cup spring onion (sliced diagonally) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 large garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 cm piece, grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 6 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 4 tablespoon oyster sauce - صوص المحار
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in the wok or pan, add garlic, ginger and chopped red hot chili pepper (if using any), and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimps and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the shrimps is cooked through (it will turn pink). Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps. oil and add the carrots, zucchini and spring onions. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and its juices.
- Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and juice of one lemon and cook until heated through.
- Serve with white basmati rice or glass noodles. (Glass noodles is soaked in hot boiling water from the kettle for 3 minutes or until nice and soft, then water is drained and you have ready noodles.)
- Optional: You may toast 1 tsp. sesame seeds and sprinkle on top if you fancy the sesame taste and aroma. Sesame seeds are toasted in a dry pan over low-medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. You need to be present and shake the pan occasionally so they don’t burn.
Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and...
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here is a healthy low calorie, gluten free breakfast recipe! A recipe by Maha...
Everyday Salad with Balsamic Dijon Dressing
No table is ever complete without a bowl of fresh green salad dressed in a tasty homemade...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]