Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
By shahdan • August 20, 2015
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger gatherings. I like to use simple everyday veggies like onions, carrots, and green beans. If you do not have fish sauce and soy for the fish marinade, you may use salt, pepper and lime juice! Serve it with white Basmati rice!
- 1 kg fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- Coconut Curry:
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (fresh grated ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon curry (good quality curry powder) - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 large carrots (cut in thin sticks) - جزر
- 2 handful green beans - فاصوليا خضراء
- 3 large spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 400 ml coconut milk (1 can) - لبن جوز الهند
- 200 ml coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- salt and pepper (to taste + extra lime to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- few leaves coriander (to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- To prepare the fish marinade, combine lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Cut the fish into bite-size cubes and carefully coat the fish with the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for one hour or overnight.
- To prepare the curry, heat the oil in a large wok or a deep frying pan, then add the chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red hot chili pepper, turmeric, curry and stir for another 2 minutes before you add the carrot sticks and green beans.
- Mix the veggies with the spices to coat well, then add the coconut milk and cream.
- Carefully add the cubed fish and some diagonally sliced spring onions, then leave to simmer on medium-low heat until the veggies are soft and the fish is cooked through (around 15- 20 minutes).
- Season with extra salt, pepper, and lime juice if needed. Garnish with spring onions and fresh coriander and serve with white basmati rice!
Easter Herring (Renga) Salad
My mum always makes this salad on Easter morning. It is yummy and makes eating traditional 'renga'...
Easy Fruity Frozen Yoghurt Cups
Creamy, sweet, and full of nutritional goodness, these fruity frozen yoghurt cups make...
Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
Recipe in Arabic طبق الباذنجان الرومي المصري بالجبن This platter is...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Leave a comment