Fast & Healthy No-Mayo Coleslaw
By Najla Moussa • September 4, 2015
This is a healthier version of the creamy, crunchy classic version. Just throw one pack of coleslaw mix (you can find it at larger supermarkets) or shred a bunch of carrots, red and white cabbage. Add some almonds and raisins and this healthy dressing below.
- 1 pack Coleslaw salad pack (OR shredded carrots, red and white cabbage to taste) - (كيس سلطة الكرنب (الكول سلو
- 2 handful almonds (peeled & sliced) - لوز
- 1 handful raisins - زبيب
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 cup corn oil - زيت ذرة
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar - خل حمض تفاح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 3/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
Step by step
- Add the sliced almonds & raisins to the packed coleslaw mix or mix of shredded carrots, red and white cabbage.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients then pour over the coleslaw. Et voila!
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling...
Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
For a hassle-free morning, prepare this creamy chicken-salad sandwich filler one day in advance...
Pulled Beef & Onions
A unique take on the Egyptian meat and onions casserole. Recipe uploaded by Nada...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!