Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
By shahdan • October 5, 2015
This platter is full of simple good Egyptian flavours! The eggplant cubes are roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic, while the tomatoes are seasoned the very Egyptian way. Both are served on a platter with baramily cheese. It’s a feast of traditional flavours that is sure to impress your family and friends.
- 2 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 5 large garlic cloves (2 for eggplants, 3 for tomoatoes) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 150 gram baramili white cheese - جبنة براميلي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the eggplants into bite-size cubes and rub them with a drizzle olive oil, 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Spread the eggplant cubes on an oven tray and roast for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Cut the tomatoes into bite-size cubes and season with vinegar, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Arrange the tomatoes and eggplants in the serving platter and add the baramily cheese in between. Serve with a selection of wholesome baladi bread and breadsticks.
Easy Vegan Tortilla Pizza
The tortilla pizza is such a fun lunchbox idea that will definitely please your kids. The...
Meat Goulash (Egyptian Beef Filo Pie)
The meat goulash is such a traditional dish in Egypt and the south part of the Mediterranean. You...
Vermicelli with Almonds
Vermicelli with Almonds (she'reya) has always been an important dish on my family's dinner party-...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]