Easy Vegan Tortilla Pizza
By CairoCooking • September 16, 2016
The tortilla pizza is such a fun lunchbox idea that will definitely please your kids. The creaminess of the Melting Cashew Cheese against the crispiness of the tortilla and the lusciousness of the tomato puree is an amazing base to a successful healthy pizza.
Make sure to use fresh tomato puree and lots of nutritious toppings like veggies (cherry tomatoes, colored peppers, zucchini), greens (here we used parsley) and olives.
- 1 large tortilla bread (preferably multigrain) - خبز التورتيلا
- 4 tablespoon cashew cheese - جبنة الكاجو
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce - صلصة طماطم
- 1 tablespoon oregano (finely chopped) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon black olives (chopped) - زيتون أسود
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 handful basil (chopped OR parsley) - ريحان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line oven tray with parchment paper.
- Stir minced garlic, oregano, salt & pepper into the tomato puree.
- Spread tomato puree mix onto the tortilla. Next, layer cashew cream by dropping teaspoons spread all over the pizza. Then, top the pizza with all of your desired toppings.
- Place it in the oven for 10-12 minutes, just until tomato puree cooks a bit and cashew cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil or parsley as you desire.
El-Mouled Gingerbread Cookies
When a classic christmassy recipe meets a very authentic presentation..Just the perfect way to...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new "improved" recipe for everyone's favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.