Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
By shahdan • May 4, 2018
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
- 4 large chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 300 gram mushrooms (wiped clean & sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 4 tablespoon water - ماء
- 250 ml cooking cream (1 cup) - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 teaspoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful basil OR parsley - ريحان
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt & pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken on both sides until golden but not cooked through.
- Transfer to oven-dish and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of the chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat remaining oil in the same pan and add sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook on high heat while stirring occasionally until golden. Lower heat and add minced garlic and oregano. Cook for another minute.
- Add water and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan (release all the flavourful brown bits stuck in the pan.)
- Add cream, mustard, and let it all simmer on low heat (don't let the cream boil). Return the cooked chicken fillets. Add cheese, adjust salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with fresh fragrant basil leaves and serve immediately.
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be...
Winter-Warming Roasted Chestnuts
You know that cold winter night when you just need to cuddle on the sofa and nibble at something?...
Succulent Asian Surf & Turf for Two
الوصفة بالعربي One marinade for a succulent full flavoured steak, mouth-watering...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]