Cheesecake in a Cup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made this, I received so many compliments on the way it looks and how delicious it tasted – after any meal. The trick is to make it for a party of 8 to 10 max, so its not too tiring for you and is still cozy enough to enjoy the cups.
- 8 shortbread cookies (Digestives, or butter cookies) - بسكويت الزبدة
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (OR Mascarpone) - جبن كريمى
- ½ cup cream - قشطة
- 1 lime (for the juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- ½ kg strawberries (OR any other preferred berries) - فراولة
Step by step
- Cut the strawberries in small bite size, mix them with 1 tbsp icing sugar and lime zest and keep it in the fridge until serving.
- Crush the cookies in a plastic bag or in your blender and mix in the cinnamon.
- Mix the cheese and cream in a blender and add the rest of the icing sugar, lime juice and vanilla extract.
- Now all you need is to assemble the dessert – just before serving. Choose a nice glass or and open cup – divide your crushed cookies on the 4 glasses and lay them neatly on the bottom, add the cream cheese mix then top it with the glazed strawberries – make sure you drizzle the strawberry syrup remains on top.
Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
This chicken liver recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a...
Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
Pile this delicous creamy chicken sandwich with all your favorite nutritious greens, such as...
Mixed Bean Salad
The Mixed Bean Salad is perfect for everyday and large gatherings espeically summer barbecues....
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]