Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
By yasmine • May 13, 2015
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with it. I think however you cook your livers – they will always taste fantastic! This recipe is simple and doesn’t need any special ingredients. Since, we cook this dish a lot at home, I have updated the recipe again to make sure the oriental taste comes through in every bite.
- 500 gram liver (shredded) - كبدة
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1/2 yellow pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 tomato (peeled and chopped) - طماطم
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- green chili pepper (OR red chili pepper - chopped - optional) - فلفل أخضر حار
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - بقدونس
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix vinegar, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper and marinade shredded liver in the fridge for half hour.
- In a large pan, add oil and fry garlic on medium heat for a couple of minutes before adding the liver (make sure garlic doesn't turn brown). Let the liver fry for a few minutes until it gets some brownish colour then remove it from the pan.
- In the same pan, add sliced bell peppers, chili peppers and tomatoes and let them cook for 5 minutes or until they soften a bit – then add the liver back and let it cook in the liquid created for another 10 minutes (or until liquid evaporates a bit).
- Serve it hot with a garnish of chopped parsley and some Tahini on the side.
Freekeh Vegetable Soup
The Freekeh Vegetable Soup is healthy, filling and delicious. Freekeh is full of nutritious...
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Leave a comment