Balsamic Dijon Roasted Steak
By Alia El Askalany • July 3, 2015
This recipe was an entry in the #TheMeatCompete.
A super easy & fast steak recipe that is convenient for quick dinners & will have you and your family & guests hooked in no time.
- 2-2.5 kg beef fillet (one piece) - فيليه كندوز
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 3 tablespoon pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 C while you prepare your meat. Make sure your steak is not cut into pieces but actually one whole piece (3er2 filletto). Let meat outside of fridge to defrost over night so it reaches room temperature and cooks evenly.
- Prepare your oven dish by mixing the mustard, vinegar, oil and salt to create a marinade and whisk well.
- Place your steak log (3er2 filetto) in the marinade and coat very well, rubbing marinade all over it. Season with fresh black peppercorns last, before oven, so it creates a nice crust on the outside. You can choose to leave them whole or cracked - per your preference.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes for rare, 25-40 minutes for medium and 50 minutes for well done.
- Place your steak onto a dish and let rest for 5 minutes before you serve & slice.
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt...
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
Cheesecake in a Cup
الوصفه بالعربي Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]