Date & Almond Balls
By yasmine • June 22, 2016
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the perfect energy bite pre-workout…
Also, your kids will enjoy it as a healthy sweet treat in their lunchbox or before their exercises.
I even give one to my toddler whenever he doesn’t finish his meal, to give him needed nutrition and fill him up.
- 1/2 cup almonds - لوز
- 1 cup dates (deseeded - preferably Majdoul) - بلح
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder - بودرة كاكاو
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (OPTIONAL OR wheat germ) - بذور الكتان
Step by step
- In a food processor, grind raw almonds with flax seeds (if using any). Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a minute. Dough should become slightly sticky.
- Take about 1.5 tablespoons from the dough in your hands and form a ball between your palms. Repeat with all the dough. You can also roll the balls into coconut flakes if you like to.
- Line the balls on a tray or in a fridge box and place it in the freezer for an hour before serving. You can store it in the fridge after that for up to 2 weeks.
Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with...
Slow-Cooked Asian Beef Cubes
The combination of deep Asian flavours and tender meat makes this Slow-Cooked Asian Beef Cubes dish...
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي This is the recipe you need for those super busy days. Toss the...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.