Honey Mustard Chicken
By shahdan • June 9, 2018
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking.
This marinade is also perfect for a juicy whole chicken as well as drumsticks, that roast in the oven. Add a drizzle of olive oil before roasting these for about an hour in the oven or until it is cooked through.
- 600 gram chicken breast fillet (sliced into strips) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- For the chicken marinade:
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus an extra drizzle for the pan) - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1 tablespoon lime (juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Season chicken with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl then pour over the chicken and make sure all pieces are well coated. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or griddle pan. Cook the chicken on all sides on medium heat until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with extra Grainy Dijon mustard on the side and garnish with lime slices.
Thai Pumpkin Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from...
Traditional Foul BelKhalta
الوصفة بالعربي This traditional foul belKhalta is a family favourite recipe, that we...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]