Broccoli & Basil Soup
By shahdan • May 4, 2018
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 small garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 medium broccoli (1 broccoli head without the thick stem) - بروكلى
- 500 gram zucchini (roughly sliced) - كوسة
- 4 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 10 leaves basil - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot and sauté minced onions until soft but not brown. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add chopped broccoli florets, give it a quick stir then follow with 3 cups of stock and the sliced zucchini. Bring to the boil then lower heat and let it simmer until veggies are soft but not overcooked.
- Add the basil and use a handheld blender to puree the soup or carefully transfer it to a blender.
- Return to pot and add remaining vegetable stock based on preferred soup consistency. If it is still thicker than your liking you may add a little water.
- Adjust salt and pepper, add cream, if using any, and serve hot.
Pomegranate Jallab with Silvered Almonds
Such a simple refreshing drink, this Pomegranate Jallab is a popular drink in Lebanon and...
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans...
Pumpkin Mini Muffins
Recipe in Arabic مافين القرع العسلي These super yummy pumpkin muffins are one of...
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because of its lightness, simplicity and goes well with any protein or carb dish. You can have it light without the toast but you defiantly treat yourself to a restaurant quality dish with some good melted cheese on toast.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]