Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
By shahdan • May 18, 2015
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add an unexpectedly beautiful sweet nutty crunch. If you are bored of the same daily salads, this is what you are looking for! And the dressing: super easy balsamic vinaigrette.
You will need cooked beetroots to prepare this salad. In a pot, cover the beetroot with water and leave to boil for around 45 minutes or until the beetroot is soft when you insert a knife. Leave it to cool then peel it, slice it and keep it in a sealed box in your fridge. The rest is fairly easy.
- 1 bunch spinach (baladi or you can use baby spinach) - سبانخ
- 1 bunch rocket - جرجير افرنجى
- 1 large beetroot (cooked and sliced into cubes) - بنجر
- 2 tablespoon almonds (I buy it peeled and halved) - لوز
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- a few piece goat cheese - جبن الماعز
- 1/8 tablespoon olive oil (to prevent the caramlized almonds from sticking) - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1 medium garlic clove crushed - فص ثوم
Step by step
- To prepare the honey glazed almonds: First, brush a plate with a few drops olive oil and put aside. In a pan, add the almonds, and shake the pan on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Next, add 1 tablespoon honey and toss the almonds with the honey. Keep an eye on the pan until the honey reaches a golden light brown colour. Poor the honeyed almonds on the lightly greased plate and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach and rocket leaves, and add the beetroot slices on top.
- In a jar, mix the dressing ingredients together, shake well, and pour over the salad.
- Add sliced goat cheese on top and use your hands to crumble the honeyed almonds and scatter on top.
Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time...
Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.