Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
By shahdan • May 18, 2015
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add an unexpectedly beautiful sweet nutty crunch. If you are bored of the same daily salads, this is what you are looking for! And the dressing: super easy balsamic vinaigrette.
You will need cooked beetroots to prepare this salad. In a pot, cover the beetroot with water and leave to boil for around 45 minutes or until the beetroot is soft when you insert a knife. Leave it to cool then peel it, slice it and keep it in a sealed box in your fridge. The rest is fairly easy.
- 1 bunch spinach (baladi or you can use baby spinach) - سبانخ
- 1 bunch rocket - جرجير افرنجى
- 1 large beetroot (cooked and sliced into cubes) - بنجر
- 2 tablespoon almonds (I buy it peeled and halved) - لوز
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- a few piece goat cheese - جبن الماعز
- 1/8 tablespoon olive oil (to prevent the caramlized almonds from sticking) - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1 medium garlic clove crushed - فص ثوم
Step by step
- To prepare the honey glazed almonds: First, brush a plate with a few drops olive oil and put aside. In a pan, add the almonds, and shake the pan on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Next, add 1 tablespoon honey and toss the almonds with the honey. Keep an eye on the pan until the honey reaches a golden light brown colour. Poor the honeyed almonds on the lightly greased plate and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach and rocket leaves, and add the beetroot slices on top.
- In a jar, mix the dressing ingredients together, shake well, and pour over the salad.
- Add sliced goat cheese on top and use your hands to crumble the honeyed almonds and scatter on top.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I...
Simple Greens Chicken Broth
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and...
No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread,...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Leave a comment