Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce
By shahdan • May 6, 2016
As impressive as it looks, the Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce is quite easy to prepare. It’s best served immediately, but you can still prepare it an hour or two in advance, and gently heat before serving.
- 600 gram beef fillet (about 6 pieces) - فيليه كندوز
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns (crushed- plus extra to taste) - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup broth (or boiling water) - مرقة
- 150 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- salt (to taste) - ملح
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped- to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Rub the beef fillets with crushed black peppercorns and a drizzle olive oil.
- Heat a large frying pan, then sear the beef for a few minutes on each side until nicely darkened. Don't overcrowd the pan, you can cook the meat over 2 batches. When done, transfer to a plate, and cover.
- Lower the heat, and add water or broth to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to release all the meat residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Let it simmer until slightly reduced then add cream and Dijon mustard and leave to simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- In the mean time, cut the beef fillets into strips, and return beef and all its juices into the pan.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes, adjust salt, add more black peppercorn to taste and serve. You may garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.
Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your...
Eggplant & Shrimp Farfalle
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-Pan.com. Easy and...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes. If you have...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]