Arugula Sun-dried Tomato & Parmesan Salad
By yasmine • June 4, 2015
This salad is so delicious, it always leaves an impression with guests. It is a sophisticated take on the famous arugula mushroom salad with added tastes of the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and pomegranate molasses dressing. It is green, rich and a party favourite!
Consider layering this salad with all the ingredients to ensure every serving is rich and full of flavour. If you toss all ingredients on the arugula it doesn’t distribute evenly and makes the arugula look little and worn out.
- 4 bunch arugula (without stems & hand-torn) - جرجير
- 250 gram mushrooms (thinly sliced) - عش الغراب
- 100 gram sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 100 gram parmesan cheese (thinly shaved) - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 1 lemon - ليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (optional) - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- To do the dressing, mix the pomegranate molasses with lime juice, fresh pepper and olive oil.
- In a large salad bowl, layer 1/3 of the arugula leaves followed by 1/3 of the sliced mushrooms and 1/3 of the sun-dried tomatoes. Repeat the layering 2 more times.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Keep the dressing step until it is time to serve - drizzle the dressing on top and on the sides of the salad but don't toss it. Then throw the toasted pine nuts and parmesan shavings on top.
Best Winter Treat: Gingerbread Men
Just in time for the holidays... Baking gingerbread men is one of the best ways to enjoy the...
This is the lentil recipe that all your friends will want! My mom learned it from a friend, and...
Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
It's a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It's great to have as a dip or a...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup. This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.