By shahdan • April 13, 2015
Salmon Teriyaki made at home and at a fraction of the restaurant price! It’s time to impress! Make sure you have Cairocooking’s home-made teriyaki sauce in your fridge, or check out it’s recipe: Homemade Teriyaki .
This recipe takes around 15 minutes + marination time
- 2 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger ( grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 6 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (or to taste) - ترياكي صوص
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Marinate the salmon is the soy, ginger, and garlic powder (preferably for an hour or more if you have time).
- To grill the salmon, brush a pan with 1 tsp. oil, and put the salmon skin-side down on a medium heat for around4- 5 minutes. You will see how the color of the fillet will slowly start to change from translucent to light orange in the bottom half.
- Carefully, flip it over on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- The salmon is done when you insert a knife in the middle and find it flakey.
- Toast the sesame by placing the seeds on a medium heat in a dry pan until fragrant and golden (2-3 minutes). Be careful, the seeds can burn quickly.
- Add a few table spoons teriyaki and simmer for a minute.
- Serve with extra teriyaki sauce on the side and sprinkle toasted sesame on top.
Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Fresh Basil
Heavy but heavenly… I love the beautiful earthy flavor that mushrooms add to a simple pasta dish,...
Barbecue Marinated Grilled Chicken
الوصفه بالعربي Simple recipes do go a long way! This is one simple chicken marinade...
Mashed Sweet Potato with a Twist
Bored of the daily rice, pasta and mashed potatoes? This side dish will wow your family and...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]