By shahdan • April 13, 2015
Salmon Teriyaki made at home and at a fraction of the restaurant price! It’s time to impress! Make sure you have Cairocooking’s home-made teriyaki sauce in your fridge, or check out it’s recipe: Homemade Teriyaki .
This recipe takes around 15 minutes + marination time
- 2 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger ( grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 6 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (or to taste) - ترياكي صوص
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Marinate the salmon is the soy, ginger, and garlic powder (preferably for an hour or more if you have time).
- To grill the salmon, brush a pan with 1 tsp. oil, and put the salmon skin-side down on a medium heat for around4- 5 minutes. You will see how the color of the fillet will slowly start to change from translucent to light orange in the bottom half.
- Carefully, flip it over on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- The salmon is done when you insert a knife in the middle and find it flakey.
- Toast the sesame by placing the seeds on a medium heat in a dry pan until fragrant and golden (2-3 minutes). Be careful, the seeds can burn quickly.
- Add a few table spoons teriyaki and simmer for a minute.
- Serve with extra teriyaki sauce on the side and sprinkle toasted sesame on top.
Home-Made Teriyaki Sauce
Once you try this recipe, you will never buy ready-made Teriyaki sauce again. It is incredibly easy...
Fried Eggs with Dates (Aagwa)
This is a childhood favourite! The sweetness of the dates fried in butter with the lightly...
Lime & Thyme Chicken Fillets
A delicious and healthy chicken recipe bursting with lemon...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]