By shahdan • April 13, 2015
Salmon Teriyaki made at home and at a fraction of the restaurant price! It’s time to impress! Make sure you have Cairocooking’s home-made teriyaki sauce in your fridge, or check out it’s recipe: Homemade Teriyaki .
This recipe takes around 15 minutes + marination time
- 2 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger ( grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 6 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (or to taste) - ترياكي صوص
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Marinate the salmon is the soy, ginger, and garlic powder (preferably for an hour or more if you have time).
- To grill the salmon, brush a pan with 1 tsp. oil, and put the salmon skin-side down on a medium heat for around4- 5 minutes. You will see how the color of the fillet will slowly start to change from translucent to light orange in the bottom half.
- Carefully, flip it over on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- The salmon is done when you insert a knife in the middle and find it flakey.
- Toast the sesame by placing the seeds on a medium heat in a dry pan until fragrant and golden (2-3 minutes). Be careful, the seeds can burn quickly.
- Add a few table spoons teriyaki and simmer for a minute.
- Serve with extra teriyaki sauce on the side and sprinkle toasted sesame on top.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
An old family recipe for the easiest brownies, yet delicious and chewy. Recipe by: Shahira...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.