By shahdan • April 13, 2015
Salmon Teriyaki made at home and at a fraction of the restaurant price! It’s time to impress! Make sure you have Cairocooking’s home-made teriyaki sauce in your fridge, or check out it’s recipe: Homemade Teriyaki .
This recipe takes around 15 minutes + marination time
- 2 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger ( grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 6 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (or to taste) - ترياكي صوص
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Marinate the salmon is the soy, ginger, and garlic powder (preferably for an hour or more if you have time).
- To grill the salmon, brush a pan with 1 tsp. oil, and put the salmon skin-side down on a medium heat for around4- 5 minutes. You will see how the color of the fillet will slowly start to change from translucent to light orange in the bottom half.
- Carefully, flip it over on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- The salmon is done when you insert a knife in the middle and find it flakey.
- Toast the sesame by placing the seeds on a medium heat in a dry pan until fragrant and golden (2-3 minutes). Be careful, the seeds can burn quickly.
- Add a few table spoons teriyaki and simmer for a minute.
- Serve with extra teriyaki sauce on the side and sprinkle toasted sesame on top.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.