Sugarless Banana Brownies
By yasmine • November 9, 2016
This banana brownies recipe is the one you go to when you have a sweet tooth or want to make your kids a yummy yet sugar-free treat. The bananas add creaminess and some sweetness to the cocoa as a substitute to dairy & sugar.
You can add some dark chocolate chips that will melt in the oven and make it even more gooey.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate - OPTIONAL) - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (100% cocoa) - بودرة كاكاو
- 2 large bananas - موز
- 1/2 cup molasses (raw molasses not commercial OR date syrup) - عسل أسود
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (OR olive oil or canola oil) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 large egg (can substitute with two table spoons oil) - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20x10 oven dish with parchment paper.
- Mix flour with cocoa, baking powder & salt and set aside.
- Use a handheld mixer and medium bowl to mash the bananas and mix it with the molasses. Then add the egg, vanilla extract and oil mix until all is combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mix and make sure it is fully combined. Add chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and manually stir them in.
- Tip the brownies dough into the baking dish and make sure it is leveled all over. You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on top if you like. Then place it in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes (or until you can place a knife in it and get it out clean.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before removing it out of the tray. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Not just an incredible dip and appetiser, this hummus is great for kids not just with a sweetness...
Easter Herring (Renga) Salad
My mum always makes this salad on Easter morning. It is yummy and makes eating traditional 'renga'...
Tomatoey Pasta Sauce With Lots of Greens
This is the grown up version of the kids healthy tomato pasta sauce - with added fresh spinach and...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]