Sugarless Banana Brownies
By yasmine • November 9, 2016
This banana brownies recipe is the one you go to when you have a sweet tooth or want to make your kids a yummy yet sugar-free treat. The bananas add creaminess and some sweetness to the cocoa as a substitute to dairy & sugar.
You can add some dark chocolate chips that will melt in the oven and make it even more gooey.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate - OPTIONAL) - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (100% cocoa) - بودرة كاكاو
- 2 large bananas - موز
- 1/2 cup molasses (raw molasses not commercial OR date syrup) - عسل أسود
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (OR olive oil or canola oil) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 large egg (can substitute with two table spoons oil) - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20x10 oven dish with parchment paper.
- Mix flour with cocoa, baking powder & salt and set aside.
- Use a handheld mixer and medium bowl to mash the bananas and mix it with the molasses. Then add the egg, vanilla extract and oil mix until all is combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mix and make sure it is fully combined. Add chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and manually stir them in.
- Tip the brownies dough into the baking dish and make sure it is leveled all over. You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on top if you like. Then place it in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes (or until you can place a knife in it and get it out clean.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before removing it out of the tray. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.
Balsamic Dijon Roasted Steak
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe was an entry in the #TheMeatCompete. A super easy &...
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]