Sugarless Banana Brownies
By yasmine • November 9, 2016
This banana brownies recipe is the one you go to when you have a sweet tooth or want to make your kids a yummy yet sugar-free treat. The bananas add creaminess and some sweetness to the cocoa as a substitute to dairy & sugar.
You can add some dark chocolate chips that will melt in the oven and make it even more gooey.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate - OPTIONAL) - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (100% cocoa) - بودرة كاكاو
- 2 large bananas - موز
- 1/2 cup molasses (raw molasses not commercial OR date syrup) - عسل أسود
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (OR olive oil or canola oil) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 large egg (can substitute with two table spoons oil) - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20x10 oven dish with parchment paper.
- Mix flour with cocoa, baking powder & salt and set aside.
- Use a handheld mixer and medium bowl to mash the bananas and mix it with the molasses. Then add the egg, vanilla extract and oil mix until all is combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mix and make sure it is fully combined. Add chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and manually stir them in.
- Tip the brownies dough into the baking dish and make sure it is leveled all over. You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on top if you like. Then place it in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes (or until you can place a knife in it and get it out clean.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before removing it out of the tray. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Classic Egyptian Bessara
الوصفه بالعربي A hearty authentic Egyptian dish to be proud of! It will take you to...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.