Sugarless Banana Brownies
By yasmine • November 9, 2016
This banana brownies recipe is the one you go to when you have a sweet tooth or want to make your kids a yummy yet sugar-free treat. The bananas add creaminess and some sweetness to the cocoa as a substitute to dairy & sugar.
You can add some dark chocolate chips that will melt in the oven and make it even more gooey.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate - OPTIONAL) - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (100% cocoa) - بودرة كاكاو
- 2 large bananas - موز
- 1/2 cup molasses (raw molasses not commercial OR date syrup) - عسل أسود
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (OR olive oil or canola oil) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 large egg (can substitute with two table spoons oil) - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20x10 oven dish with parchment paper.
- Mix flour with cocoa, baking powder & salt and set aside.
- Use a handheld mixer and medium bowl to mash the bananas and mix it with the molasses. Then add the egg, vanilla extract and oil mix until all is combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mix and make sure it is fully combined. Add chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and manually stir them in.
- Tip the brownies dough into the baking dish and make sure it is leveled all over. You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on top if you like. Then place it in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes (or until you can place a knife in it and get it out clean.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before removing it out of the tray. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
The Shrimp Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي This is originally a Crave recipe that I learned to do at home. It...
Baked Sweet Potato Fish Pie
From 9 months. My kids started eating fish at 8 and 9 months but every doctor has a different...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]