Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
By CairoCooking • September 6, 2016
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the veggies crunchiness and creaminess of the nutritious seasoned cheese will leave your kids happily eating this wrap. Add it to their lunchbox or yours for a full healthy meal.
For this recipe we have used NM organic, chemical-free or high grade vegetables.
- 1 carrot - جزرة
- 1 zucchini - كوسة
- 1 eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 1 red pepper - فلفل أحمر
- olive oil - زيت زيتون
- baladi bread OR NM Falahi Baladi Bread - خبز بلدي/ مصري
- 4 tablespoon cashew cheese OR NM Dairy-Free Cashew Cheese - جبنة الكاجو
Step by step
- Slice the veggies lengthwise into thin stripes.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the veggies with olive oil from all sides. Grill veggies until tender, around 8-10 minutes. No need for salt and pepper, as the cheese is perfectly seasoned.
- Carefully open the baladi bread into two wraps.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese on the wraps. Arrange veggies along the side of each wrap, and roll tightly. Do not overload it so you can roll comfertably. Cut it in half and wrap it with parchment paper to secure it together and allow your child to eat it easy.
Homemade Roast Beef Toasties
The key to preparing these healthy kid-friendly lunchbox toasties, is to use a cucumber peeler to...
Orange & Cardamom Rice Pudding
الوصفة بالعربي Add a fragrant twist to this all time...
Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.