Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
By CairoCooking • September 6, 2016
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the veggies crunchiness and creaminess of the nutritious seasoned cheese will leave your kids happily eating this wrap. Add it to their lunchbox or yours for a full healthy meal.
- 1 carrot - جزرة
- 1 zucchini - كوسة
- 1 eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 1 red pepper - فلفل أحمر
- olive oil - زيت زيتون
- baladi bread - خبز بلدي/ مصري
- 4 tablespoon cashew cheese - جبنة الكاجو
Step by step
- Slice the veggies lengthwise into thin stripes.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the veggies with olive oil from all sides. Grill veggies until tender, around 8-10 minutes. No need for salt and pepper, as the cheese is perfectly seasoned.
- Carefully open the baladi bread into two wraps.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese on the wraps. Arrange veggies along the side of each wrap, and roll tightly. Do not overload it so you can roll comfertably. Cut it in half and wrap it with parchment paper to secure it together and allow your child to eat it easy.
Rustic Cheese Tart
This cheese tart makes a sophisticated yet easy entertaining dish that you can prepare and bake...
Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals...
Traditional Sweet Qatayef
The traditional sweet Qatayef are different in each home. Some people add almonds and pistachios,...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]