Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
By CairoCooking • September 6, 2016
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the veggies crunchiness and creaminess of the nutritious seasoned cheese will leave your kids happily eating this wrap. Add it to their lunchbox or yours for a full healthy meal.
- 1 carrot - جزرة
- 1 zucchini - كوسة
- 1 eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 1 red pepper - فلفل أحمر
- olive oil - زيت زيتون
- baladi bread - خبز بلدي/ مصري
- 4 tablespoon cashew cheese - جبنة الكاجو
Step by step
- Slice the veggies lengthwise into thin stripes.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the veggies with olive oil from all sides. Grill veggies until tender, around 8-10 minutes. No need for salt and pepper, as the cheese is perfectly seasoned.
- Carefully open the baladi bread into two wraps.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese on the wraps. Arrange veggies along the side of each wrap, and roll tightly. Do not overload it so you can roll comfertably. Cut it in half and wrap it with parchment paper to secure it together and allow your child to eat it easy.
Steak Avocado Salad
Definitely one of my favorite things to date - I can't believe how simple and colorful this dish...
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat... and all you really...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]