Mexican Chicken Fajitas
By shahdan • May 31, 2017
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients.
For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
- 4 large chicken breast fillet (cut into large strips) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional) - شطة مطحونة
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 3 medium bell peppers (yellow, green and red) - فلفل ملون
- 3 medium red onions - بصل أحمر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 8 medium tortilla bread - خبز التورتيلا
- 1/2 cup sour cream (to serve) - قشدة حامضة
Step by step
- To prepare the chicken marinade, mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with paprika, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and lime juice. Sprinkle chicken strips with salt and pepper then place it in the marinade mixture. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or for best results overnight.
- Cut onions and peppers into medium thick slices and set aside.
- To cook the chicken, place a large pan or griddle pan on high heat. Grill chicken strips on all sides until golden and cooked through. Make sure not to overcrowd your pan.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté onions and peppers on high heat until peppers are a little soft and onions are browned on the edges. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving platter, arrange chicken alongside the cooked veggies. Serve next to tortillas and sour cream.
Date & Almond Balls
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the...
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Homemade Bounty Bars
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare! Your kids will...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.