Mexican Chicken Fajitas
By shahdan • May 31, 2017
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients.
For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
- 4 large chicken breast fillet (cut into large strips) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional) - شطة مطحونة
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 3 medium bell peppers (yellow, green and red) - فلفل ملون
- 3 medium red onions - بصل أحمر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 8 medium tortilla bread - خبز التورتيلا
- 1/2 cup sour cream (to serve) - قشدة حامضة
Step by step
- To prepare the chicken marinade, mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with paprika, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and lime juice. Sprinkle chicken strips with salt and pepper then place it in the marinade mixture. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or for best results overnight.
- Cut onions and peppers into medium thick slices and set aside.
- To cook the chicken, place a large pan or griddle pan on high heat. Grill chicken strips on all sides until golden and cooked through. Make sure not to overcrowd your pan.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté onions and peppers on high heat until peppers are a little soft and onions are browned on the edges. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving platter, arrange chicken alongside the cooked veggies. Serve next to tortillas and sour cream.
No-Junk Kids’ Burger
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts...
Oregano & Sumac Chicken with Classic Freekeh
Oregano & sumac marinated chicken breast fillets are served on a bed of nutritious freekeh, and...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]