Mexican Chicken Fajitas
By shahdan • May 31, 2017
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients.
For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
- 4 large chicken breast fillet (cut into large strips) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional) - شطة مطحونة
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 3 medium bell peppers (yellow, green and red) - فلفل ملون
- 3 medium red onions - بصل أحمر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 8 medium tortilla bread - خبز التورتيلا
- 1/2 cup sour cream (to serve) - قشدة حامضة
Step by step
- To prepare the chicken marinade, mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with paprika, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and lime juice. Sprinkle chicken strips with salt and pepper then place it in the marinade mixture. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or for best results overnight.
- Cut onions and peppers into medium thick slices and set aside.
- To cook the chicken, place a large pan or griddle pan on high heat. Grill chicken strips on all sides until golden and cooked through. Make sure not to overcrowd your pan.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté onions and peppers on high heat until peppers are a little soft and onions are browned on the edges. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving platter, arrange chicken alongside the cooked veggies. Serve next to tortillas and sour cream.
A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks....
Delicious Low-Calorie Carrot Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Almost 390...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]