Mexican Chicken Fajitas
By shahdan • May 31, 2017
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients.
For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
- 4 large chicken breast fillet (cut into large strips) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional) - شطة مطحونة
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 3 medium bell peppers (yellow, green and red) - فلفل ملون
- 3 medium red onions - بصل أحمر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 8 medium tortilla bread - خبز التورتيلا
- 1/2 cup sour cream (to serve) - قشدة حامضة
Step by step
- To prepare the chicken marinade, mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with paprika, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and lime juice. Sprinkle chicken strips with salt and pepper then place it in the marinade mixture. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or for best results overnight.
- Cut onions and peppers into medium thick slices and set aside.
- To cook the chicken, place a large pan or griddle pan on high heat. Grill chicken strips on all sides until golden and cooked through. Make sure not to overcrowd your pan.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté onions and peppers on high heat until peppers are a little soft and onions are browned on the edges. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving platter, arrange chicken alongside the cooked veggies. Serve next to tortillas and sour cream.
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Winter-Warming Roasted Chestnuts
You know that cold winter night when you just need to cuddle on the sofa and nibble at something?...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]