Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
By shahdan • November 17, 2019
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just perfect for everyday but also great for large gatherings when you need a beautiful bowl of pasta. Cooked with ripe Egyptian tomatoes, and garnished with fresh green basil, flavorful Parmesan shaves & creamy Buffalo mozzarella, this pasta dish will become the centre of your every dinner table.
This recipe is enough for 500g pasta. You can easily double the quantities for bigger gatherings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 500 gram tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 3/4 cup water - ماء
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 12 leaves basil (chopped) - ريحان
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 500 gram pasta - معكرونة
- 1 piece buffalo mozzarella (about 100g) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- small piece parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté onions on low heat until soft. Add minced garlic and give it another stir.
- Add chopped tomatoes, increase heat to high, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Next, add tomato paste, water, sugar and oregano. Cover and leave to simmer on medium/low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a handheld blender, blend into a creamy sauce. You can freeze the sauce in a suitable container at this point.
- To finish off the sauce, add a splash of cooking cream, and half of the chopped basil leaves.
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the sauce immediately.
- Mix gently and transfer to serving dish. Garnish with extra basil leaves, grated Parmesan and chunks of buffalo mozzarella. Serve immediately.
If cooking rice is something you think you cannot do, you haven't tried cooking basmati...
Ice Cream Cookie Cups
Whether you're a fan of freezing ice cream on cold winter nights or not, you'll love this...
Blue Cheese & Walnut Sandwich
If you are a blue cheese lover, there's a high chance that this sandwich will become your new...
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.