Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
By shahdan • November 17, 2019
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just perfect for everyday but also great for large gatherings when you need a beautiful bowl of pasta. Cooked with ripe Egyptian tomatoes, and garnished with fresh green basil, flavorful Parmesan shaves & creamy Buffalo mozzarella, this pasta dish will become the centre of your every dinner table.
This recipe is enough for 500g pasta. You can easily double the quantities for bigger gatherings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 500 gram tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 3/4 cup water - ماء
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 12 leaves basil (chopped) - ريحان
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 500 gram pasta - معكرونة
- 1 piece buffalo mozzarella (about 100g) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- small piece parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté onions on low heat until soft. Add minced garlic and give it another stir.
- Add chopped tomatoes, increase heat to high, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Next, add tomato paste, water, sugar and oregano. Cover and leave to simmer on medium/low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a handheld blender, blend into a creamy sauce. You can freeze the sauce in a suitable container at this point.
- To finish off the sauce, add a splash of cooking cream, and half of the chopped basil leaves.
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the sauce immediately.
- Mix gently and transfer to serving dish. Garnish with extra basil leaves, grated Parmesan and chunks of buffalo mozzarella. Serve immediately.
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Paleo cooking refrains from processed sugars and gluten but doesn't compromise on good taste. This...
Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add...
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]