Rustic Cheese Tart
By shahdan • November 5, 2015
This cheese tart makes a sophisticated yet easy entertaining dish that you can prepare and bake in less than 30 minutes. It is also an incredibly versatile recipe that you can play with, and make it your own. Just use the same technique to prepare the tart, and experiment with your favourite toppings!
If you are using Balsamic glaze, why don’t you try CairoCookings homemade Balsamic Glaze.
- 1 pack puff pastry (400 g) - عجينة الباف باستري
- 1 handful flour (for dusting) - دقيق
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 200 gram feta cheese (good quality greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
- 2 medium tomato (thinly sliced) - طماطم
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or thyme) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 small egg (to brush edges) - بيضة
- 1 handful basil - ريحان
- 1 drizzle balsamic glaze/ reduction (optional) - مركز الخل البلسمي
Step by step
- Make sure your puff pastry is thoroughly defrosted before you start.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line your tray with parchment paper using a little oil on the tray so the paper sticks into place.
- Lightly dust your working surface and your rolling pin with flour. Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape to fit the size of your tray. It does not need to be perfect at all. Carefully move the dough to the tray.
- Use a knife to gently score a 1 cm border around your pastry. Using a fork, pierce the middle a few times.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 crushed garlic clove, then brush the pastry with the oil and garlic, leaving out the borders clean.
- Crumble the feta cheese and spread them within the border. Spread the tomatoes on top of the cheese and sprinkle oregano on top.
- Lightly brush the borders with a little beaten egg.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes until nice and golden.
- Carefully move your tart to your serving board or dish. Sprinkle fresh basil on top and add a drizzle of balsamic reduction. Best served warm.
Baked Chips with Blue Cheese Topping
الوصفة بالعربي This is such a simple (and quick!) crowd pleaser... everyone will...
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
The house will smell divine while these filling, super healthy and extremely delicious Sweet...
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]