Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
By yasmine • April 10, 2017
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs in most Dukka recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the sesame in the Dukka creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender. You can serve it next to fish rice and tahini or just next to a green salad. You can also serve it next to oven-roasted Brussels sprouts with added hazelnuts.
- 1 kg sea bass fish (fillets) - سمك الباسه
- 2 tablespoon dukka (homemade or store-bought) - دقة
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin - كمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 stalks spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful hazelnut (unpeeled and chopped) - بندق
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (OR 2 teaspoons regular salt) - ملح البحر
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Sprinkle defrosted fish fillets with Dukka, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and let it marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- In the meantime, finely chop the white and light green parts of the spring onions. Also, use a knife to roughly chop raw hazelnuts.
- Arrange fish in baking tray or pyrex as a single layer. Sprinkle spring onions and hazelnuts on top. Place a thin slice of butter on each fillet.
- Place fish in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked-through and slightly golden.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Stir-Fried Garlic & Ginger Bok Choy
Bok Choi to me was a scary cabbage that I didn’t know how to use or add to my salads since it has...
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish... Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]