Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
By yasmine • April 10, 2017
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs in most Dukka recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the sesame in the Dukka creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender. You can serve it next to fish rice and tahini or just next to a green salad. You can also serve it next to oven-roasted Brussels sprouts with added hazelnuts.
- 1 kg sea bass fish (fillets) - سمك الباسه
- 2 tablespoon dukka (homemade or store-bought) - دقة
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin - كمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 stalks spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful hazelnut (unpeeled and chopped) - بندق
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (OR 2 teaspoons regular salt) - ملح البحر
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Sprinkle defrosted fish fillets with Dukka, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and let it marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- In the meantime, finely chop the white and light green parts of the spring onions. Also, use a knife to roughly chop raw hazelnuts.
- Arrange fish in baking tray or pyrex as a single layer. Sprinkle spring onions and hazelnuts on top. Place a thin slice of butter on each fillet.
- Place fish in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked-through and slightly golden.
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
Shami Chicken Fattah
An inherited original recipe from my Syrian/Lebanese in-laws. It is super easy, and can be served...
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.