Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
By yasmine • April 10, 2017
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs in most Dukka recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the sesame in the Dukka creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender. You can serve it next to fish rice and tahini or just next to a green salad. You can also serve it next to oven-roasted Brussels sprouts with added hazelnuts.
- 1 kg sea bass fish (fillets) - سمك الباسه
- 2 tablespoon dukka (homemade or store-bought) - دقة
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin - كمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 stalks spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful hazelnut (unpeeled and chopped) - بندق
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (OR 2 teaspoons regular salt) - ملح البحر
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Sprinkle defrosted fish fillets with Dukka, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and let it marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- In the meantime, finely chop the white and light green parts of the spring onions. Also, use a knife to roughly chop raw hazelnuts.
- Arrange fish in baking tray or pyrex as a single layer. Sprinkle spring onions and hazelnuts on top. Place a thin slice of butter on each fillet.
- Place fish in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked-through and slightly golden.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new...
The Best Tres Leches Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Tres Leches cake is...
Freekeh Vegetable Soup
The Freekeh Vegetable Soup is healthy, filling and delicious. Freekeh is full of nutritious...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]