By shahdan • June 19, 2019
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family.
Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or for healthier alternatives, tahini & molasses mix, raw honey, Halawa & Chocolate Spread and Homemade Date Syrup.
As for a savoury crepe, cream cheese is always a favorite, labna and olives, or melted cheddar cheese. This crepe also makes a great appetiser when filled with cream cheese, chives, and smoked salmon and sliced into bite size pieces.
- 1 flour cup - دقيق
- 2 medium eggs - بيض
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 1/4 cup full cream milk - لبن كامل الدسم
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (plus extra for greasing the pan) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Place flour, eggs, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Whisk while adding milk gradually until you achieve a smooth yet thin batter.
- Add the oil and whisk.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Use a brush or an oiled kitchen tissue to brush the pan.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter in the hot pan, while tilting the pan to create a thin layer on the base of the pan.
- Leave the crepe to cook and try not to flip until edges create bubbles and start cooking.
- Use a flat turner to help you lift the crepe from the edges, if it is golden on the bottom side, then gently flip the crepe. Cook crepe on the other side until golden then transfer to plate and cover until serving. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with your favourite filling.
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a...
Yellow Cornmeal Orange Cake
Our grandmas’ time, this recipe was as famous as a cheesecake today. Every house had its own...
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside with a tasty cheesy yet fresh taste. It is perfect as a side veggie dish for your everyday lunch as well as for big gatherings. This recipe serves 4-6. For bigger dinner parties, you will need to double the […]