By shahdan • June 19, 2019
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family.
Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or for healthier alternatives, tahini & molasses mix, raw honey, Halawa & Chocolate Spread and Homemade Date Syrup.
As for a savoury crepe, cream cheese is always a favorite, labna and olives, or melted cheddar cheese. This crepe also makes a great appetiser when filled with cream cheese, chives, and smoked salmon and sliced into bite size pieces.
- 1 flour cup - دقيق
- 2 medium eggs - بيض
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 1/4 cup full cream milk - لبن كامل الدسم
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (plus extra for greasing the pan) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Place flour, eggs, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Whisk while adding milk gradually until you achieve a smooth yet thin batter.
- Add the oil and whisk.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Use a brush or an oiled kitchen tissue to brush the pan.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter in the hot pan, while tilting the pan to create a thin layer on the base of the pan.
- Leave the crepe to cook and try not to flip until edges create bubbles and start cooking.
- Use a flat turner to help you lift the crepe from the edges, if it is golden on the bottom side, then gently flip the crepe. Cook crepe on the other side until golden then transfer to plate and cover until serving. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with your favourite filling.
Once you make your own foul at home, you will never go back to the canned stuff again! Even the...
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Mixed Bean Salad
The Mixed Bean Salad is perfect for everyday and large gatherings espeically summer barbecues....
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]