Quick Homemade Pizza
By shahdan • April 7, 2020
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings.
This recipe also includes the richest and most flavoursome pizza sauce recipe for the most authentic pizza experience at home.
Pizza dough recipe makes one large pizza, or 3-4 small ones. Pizza sauce is enough for 2 large pizzas.
- 2 cup all purpose flour (plus extra for dusting) - دقيق أبيض
- 2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 cup yoghurt (Greek) - زبادي
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- For the sauce:
- 2 medium tomatoes - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (or thyme) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Start with the tomato sauce to allow it to cool before adding to the pizza. Place the tomatoes, tomato paste and water in a small blender. Pulse carefully making sure to keep some tomato chunks for texture.
- In a small pot, sauté onions in olive oil until soft. Add the minced garlic, leave to cook for about 30 seconds then add the prepared tomato sauce.
- Add sugar, and season with oregano, salt and pepper and leave to simmer on lowest heat for about 15 minutes until sauce has nicely thickened. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare pizza dough, combine flour with baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add the yoghurt and mix. Use your hands to bring it together into a dough. Sprinkle more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Dust a clean working surface and a rolling pin with flour. Roll out dough into desired pizza shape and place it on baking tray. You can also just flatten the dough onto the tray with your hands.
- Add some of the tomato sauce over the pizza dough leaving the edges clean. Then top your pizza with your favourite toppings and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It's...
Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside with a tasty cheesy yet fresh taste. It is perfect as a side veggie dish for your everyday lunch as well as for big gatherings. This recipe serves 4-6. For bigger dinner parties, you will need to double the […]