Cheesecake in a Cup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made this, I received so many compliments on the way it looks and how delicious it tasted – after any meal. The trick is to make it for a party of 8 to 10 max, so its not too tiring for you and is still cozy enough to enjoy the cups.
- 8 shortbread cookies (Digestives, or butter cookies) - بسكويت الزبدة
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (OR Mascarpone) - جبن كريمى
- ½ cup cream - قشطة
- 1 lime (for the juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- ½ kg strawberries (OR any other preferred berries) - فراولة
Step by step
- Cut the strawberries in small bite size, mix them with 1 tbsp icing sugar and lime zest and keep it in the fridge until serving.
- Crush the cookies in a plastic bag or in your blender and mix in the cinnamon.
- Mix the cheese and cream in a blender and add the rest of the icing sugar, lime juice and vanilla extract.
- Now all you need is to assemble the dessert – just before serving. Choose a nice glass or and open cup – divide your crushed cookies on the 4 glasses and lay them neatly on the bottom, add the cream cheese mix then top it with the glazed strawberries – make sure you drizzle the strawberry syrup remains on top.
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.