Cheesecake in a Cup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made this, I received so many compliments on the way it looks and how delicious it tasted – after any meal. The trick is to make it for a party of 8 to 10 max, so its not too tiring for you and is still cozy enough to enjoy the cups.
- 8 shortbread cookies (Digestives, or butter cookies) - بسكويت الزبدة
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (OR Mascarpone) - جبن كريمى
- ½ cup cream - قشطة
- 1 lime (for the juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- ½ kg strawberries (OR any other preferred berries) - فراولة
Step by step
- Cut the strawberries in small bite size, mix them with 1 tbsp icing sugar and lime zest and keep it in the fridge until serving.
- Crush the cookies in a plastic bag or in your blender and mix in the cinnamon.
- Mix the cheese and cream in a blender and add the rest of the icing sugar, lime juice and vanilla extract.
- Now all you need is to assemble the dessert – just before serving. Choose a nice glass or and open cup – divide your crushed cookies on the 4 glasses and lay them neatly on the bottom, add the cream cheese mix then top it with the glazed strawberries – make sure you drizzle the strawberry syrup remains on top.
Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this Soggo' Baladi with Pomegranate...
Chicken Fillets with Capers Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي Enjoy these mouthwatering chicken breasts in a creamy capers sauce....
The Christmas Chestnut Turkey Breast Anyone Can Prepare
الوصفه بالعربي A joyous and hassle-free Christmas turkey with sweet maple syrup and...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]