Cheesecake in a Cup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made this, I received so many compliments on the way it looks and how delicious it tasted – after any meal. The trick is to make it for a party of 8 to 10 max, so its not too tiring for you and is still cozy enough to enjoy the cups.
- 8 shortbread cookies (Digestives, or butter cookies) - بسكويت الزبدة
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (OR Mascarpone) - جبن كريمى
- ½ cup cream - قشطة
- 1 lime (for the juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- ½ kg strawberries (OR any other preferred berries) - فراولة
Step by step
- Cut the strawberries in small bite size, mix them with 1 tbsp icing sugar and lime zest and keep it in the fridge until serving.
- Crush the cookies in a plastic bag or in your blender and mix in the cinnamon.
- Mix the cheese and cream in a blender and add the rest of the icing sugar, lime juice and vanilla extract.
- Now all you need is to assemble the dessert – just before serving. Choose a nice glass or and open cup – divide your crushed cookies on the 4 glasses and lay them neatly on the bottom, add the cream cheese mix then top it with the glazed strawberries – make sure you drizzle the strawberry syrup remains on top.
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Yellow Cornmeal Orange Cake
Our grandmas’ time, this recipe was as famous as a cheesecake today. Every house had its own...
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]