Cheesecake in a Cup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made this, I received so many compliments on the way it looks and how delicious it tasted – after any meal. The trick is to make it for a party of 8 to 10 max, so its not too tiring for you and is still cozy enough to enjoy the cups.
- 8 shortbread cookies (Digestives, or butter cookies) - بسكويت الزبدة
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (OR Mascarpone) - جبن كريمى
- ½ cup cream - قشطة
- 1 lime (for the juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon powdered Sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- ½ kg strawberries (OR any other preferred berries) - فراولة
Step by step
- Cut the strawberries in small bite size, mix them with 1 tbsp icing sugar and lime zest and keep it in the fridge until serving.
- Crush the cookies in a plastic bag or in your blender and mix in the cinnamon.
- Mix the cheese and cream in a blender and add the rest of the icing sugar, lime juice and vanilla extract.
- Now all you need is to assemble the dessert – just before serving. Choose a nice glass or and open cup – divide your crushed cookies on the 4 glasses and lay them neatly on the bottom, add the cream cheese mix then top it with the glazed strawberries – make sure you drizzle the strawberry syrup remains on top.
Traditional Sweet Qatayef
The traditional sweet Qatayef are different in each home. Some people add almonds and pistachios,...
Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes
For all our gluten-free friends out there: These Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes taste exactly like...
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Cinnamon Star Cookies
A childhood favorite, these cinnamon star cookies are a nutty, cinnamony and sweet treat for Christmas. It is also a lovely edible gift all year round. It will fill your house with heartwarming spice smells.
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]