Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
By shahdan • February 26, 2016
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true crowd-pleaser! The flavours are simply irresistible!
- 1 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- a few drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium tomatoes (deseeded) - طماطم
- 2 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 1/2 small pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1 medium bread (ciabatta or baguette) - خبز
- 200 gram labna (or greek yogurt) - لبنة
- 1 drizzle pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut the eggplant (unpeeled) into small cubes. Drizzle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss them together and roast on an oven tray for 20- 30 minutes until soft and golden. You will need to toss the cubes every 10 minutes.
- Cut the deseeded tomatoes into small cubes and place them in a bowl. Add fresh mint leaves, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and a drizzle olive oil.
- Cut the bread into equal-sized slices, brush with a little olive oil and toast them in the oven. (If using good quality ciabatta bread, you can skip this step).
- Spread the bread slices with labna.
- Add the roasted eggplants to the tomato bowl and gently mix until well combined.
- Arrange sliced bread on a serving plate and carefully spoon the eggplant-tomato mixture on top.
- Scatter pomegranate seeds over the bruschetta, then drizzle with a little pomegranate molasses. Garnish with extra mint leaves and serve immediately.
Sweet Couscous has always been a classic on my grandmother's dessert table. As children, we used to...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]