Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
By shahdan • February 26, 2016
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true crowd-pleaser! The flavours are simply irresistible!
- 1 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- a few drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium tomatoes (deseeded) - طماطم
- 2 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 1/2 small pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1 medium bread (ciabatta or baguette) - خبز
- 200 gram labna (or greek yogurt) - لبنة
- 1 drizzle pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut the eggplant (unpeeled) into small cubes. Drizzle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss them together and roast on an oven tray for 20- 30 minutes until soft and golden. You will need to toss the cubes every 10 minutes.
- Cut the deseeded tomatoes into small cubes and place them in a bowl. Add fresh mint leaves, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and a drizzle olive oil.
- Cut the bread into equal-sized slices, brush with a little olive oil and toast them in the oven. (If using good quality ciabatta bread, you can skip this step).
- Spread the bread slices with labna.
- Add the roasted eggplants to the tomato bowl and gently mix until well combined.
- Arrange sliced bread on a serving plate and carefully spoon the eggplant-tomato mixture on top.
- Scatter pomegranate seeds over the bruschetta, then drizzle with a little pomegranate molasses. Garnish with extra mint leaves and serve immediately.
Nutritious Egg Muffins
Packed with nutritious ingredients, these luscious Egg Muffins are perfect for the kids' lunchbox,...
Green Caviar Dip
This recipe was a hit at one of my friend's gatherings and turns out she got this simple recipe...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]