Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
By shahdan • February 26, 2016
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true crowd-pleaser! The flavours are simply irresistible!
- 1 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- a few drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium tomatoes (deseeded) - طماطم
- 2 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 1/2 small pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1 medium bread (ciabatta or baguette) - خبز
- 200 gram labna (or greek yogurt) - لبنة
- 1 drizzle pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut the eggplant (unpeeled) into small cubes. Drizzle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss them together and roast on an oven tray for 20- 30 minutes until soft and golden. You will need to toss the cubes every 10 minutes.
- Cut the deseeded tomatoes into small cubes and place them in a bowl. Add fresh mint leaves, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and a drizzle olive oil.
- Cut the bread into equal-sized slices, brush with a little olive oil and toast them in the oven. (If using good quality ciabatta bread, you can skip this step).
- Spread the bread slices with labna.
- Add the roasted eggplants to the tomato bowl and gently mix until well combined.
- Arrange sliced bread on a serving plate and carefully spoon the eggplant-tomato mixture on top.
- Scatter pomegranate seeds over the bruschetta, then drizzle with a little pomegranate molasses. Garnish with extra mint leaves and serve immediately.
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
Everyone's favourite hummus dip, only a lot tastier with yummy sundried tomatoes and fragrant...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver's Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie's 30 minutes...
Carrot & Ginger Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Carrot & Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.