Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
By shahdan • February 2, 2016
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have everyone, not only eat their veggies, but also ask for more!
- 5 large zucchini - كوسة
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried) - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (fresh) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (optional- to serve) - زبادي
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Slice the unpeeled zucchini into circles and gently rub with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the zucchini slices in an oven-proof dish and bake for 25- 30 min.
- Serve with lemon wedges and yogurt.
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Baby Spinach & Mozzarella Salad
Great for entertaining, this salad was created when I decided we need to eat these two beautiful...
Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]