Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
By shahdan • February 2, 2016
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have everyone, not only eat their veggies, but also ask for more!
- 5 large zucchini - كوسة
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried) - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (fresh) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (optional- to serve) - زبادي
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Slice the unpeeled zucchini into circles and gently rub with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the zucchini slices in an oven-proof dish and bake for 25- 30 min.
- Serve with lemon wedges and yogurt.
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Nutritious Cheesy Rosemary Crackers
الوصفة بالعربي Your house will smell like a bakery in the morning with these small...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.