Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
By shahdan • June 28, 2018
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you choose to serve it, make sure you don’t overcook the peas and to rinse it with ice-cold water to retain its bright green colour.
- 400 gram peas (frozen) - بسلة
- 100 gram mix of greens (spinach or rocket or dark green lettuce)
- 2 small green onions (green parts only) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon mint (roughly chopped) - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (good quality Greek Feta, crumbled) - جبنه فيتا
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (plus zest of half a lemon) - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 12 leaves mint (finely chopped) - نعناع
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cover peas with water and cook until it reaches boiling point and take it off the heat, drain and rinse with ice cold water. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together in a jar, making sure mint leaves are very finely chopped, or blend together in a small blender. Pour dressing over peas, mix and adjust salt and pepper.
- Arrange mixed greens on serving plate. Scatter the seasoned peas on top. Add sliced green onions and chopped mint leaves. Finish with crumbled Feta Cheese on top and serve.
Baked Kofta Rolls
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. It's a very easy...
One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
الوصفه بالعربي Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it...
Popcorn Granola Trailmix
Your kids will love this Popcorn Granola Trailmix in their lunchbox. It is also so nutritious and...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not zucchini! It can also be a big hit in a small gathering. I personally love it because it is healthy and incredibly easy to prepare .
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish for everyday as well as for fancy dinner parties. It is very simple yet full of mouthwatering flavors and colors. The delicious addition of honey-glazed walnuts elevates the salad into something absolutely elegant. This salad was inspired by a simple recipe […]