Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
By shahdan • June 28, 2018
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you choose to serve it, make sure you don’t overcook the peas and to rinse it with ice-cold water to retain its bright green colour.
- 400 gram peas (frozen) - بسلة
- 100 gram mix of greens (spinach or rocket or dark green lettuce)
- 2 small green onions (green parts only) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon mint (roughly chopped) - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (good quality Greek Feta, crumbled) - جبنه فيتا
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (plus zest of half a lemon) - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 12 leaves mint (finely chopped) - نعناع
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cover peas with water and cook until it reaches boiling point and take it off the heat, drain and rinse with ice cold water. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together in a jar, making sure mint leaves are very finely chopped, or blend together in a small blender. Pour dressing over peas, mix and adjust salt and pepper.
- Arrange mixed greens on serving plate. Scatter the seasoned peas on top. Add sliced green onions and chopped mint leaves. Finish with crumbled Feta Cheese on top and serve.
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new...
Lemony Okra with Garlic & Coriander
This is one of my very favorite home recipes! Unlike the traditional okra cooked with tomato sauce,...
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!