Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
By shahdan • June 28, 2018
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you choose to serve it, make sure you don’t overcook the peas and to rinse it with ice-cold water to retain its bright green colour.
- 400 gram peas (frozen) - بسلة
- 100 gram mix of greens (spinach or rocket or dark green lettuce)
- 2 small green onions (green parts only) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon mint (roughly chopped) - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (good quality Greek Feta, crumbled) - جبنه فيتا
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (plus zest of half a lemon) - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 12 leaves mint (finely chopped) - نعناع
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cover peas with water and cook until it reaches boiling point and take it off the heat, drain and rinse with ice cold water. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together in a jar, making sure mint leaves are very finely chopped, or blend together in a small blender. Pour dressing over peas, mix and adjust salt and pepper.
- Arrange mixed greens on serving plate. Scatter the seasoned peas on top. Add sliced green onions and chopped mint leaves. Finish with crumbled Feta Cheese on top and serve.
Popcorn Granola Trailmix
Your kids will love this Popcorn Granola Trailmix in their lunchbox. It is also so nutritious and...
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
Whether it's your child's packed lunch or your own, make sure it's healthy and wholesome! It is...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]