Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
By shahdan • June 28, 2018
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you choose to serve it, make sure you don’t overcook the peas and to rinse it with ice-cold water to retain its bright green colour.
- 400 gram peas (frozen) - بسلة
- 100 gram mix of greens (spinach or rocket or dark green lettuce)
- 2 small green onions (green parts only) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon mint (roughly chopped) - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (good quality Greek Feta, crumbled) - جبنه فيتا
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (plus zest of half a lemon) - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 12 leaves mint (finely chopped) - نعناع
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cover peas with water and cook until it reaches boiling point and take it off the heat, drain and rinse with ice cold water. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together in a jar, making sure mint leaves are very finely chopped, or blend together in a small blender. Pour dressing over peas, mix and adjust salt and pepper.
- Arrange mixed greens on serving plate. Scatter the seasoned peas on top. Add sliced green onions and chopped mint leaves. Finish with crumbled Feta Cheese on top and serve.
Easy Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce
الوصفه بالعربي This Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce is a great option...
Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin...
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]