Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
By shahdan • February 3, 2016
When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary is always phenomenal! With no added onions, this succulent & moist chicken roast is infused with the most delicate herbal aromas. The lime adds extra freshness, while the fragrant roasted potatoes make it absolutely comforting. This is what I call a joyful meal!
- 1 small chicken (about 1 kg) - دجاج
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 sprig rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 4 sprig thyme (or 2 tsp. dried thyme) - زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 medium potatoes - بطاطس
- 2 small garlic cloves minced - فصوص ثوم
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Marinate the chicken with the juice of one lime, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and half the rosemary and thyme quantity. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and place in an oven-proof dish. Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and a drizzle olive oil. Toss the potatoes together and arrange on the baking dish. Add half a cup of water on the potatoes to help them cook without burning.
- Place the marinated chicken over the potatoes. Sprinkle with extra thyme on top. Arrange sliced lime over the chicken. And finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 60- 75 minutes or until the chicken and the potatoes are cooked through. Ovens may vary so if you feel that the surface will burn, you can cover the dish with foil for half of the baking time. Best served with white rice and a simple salad.
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]