Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
By shahdan • February 3, 2016
When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary is always phenomenal! With no added onions, this succulent & moist chicken roast is infused with the most delicate herbal aromas. The lime adds extra freshness, while the fragrant roasted potatoes make it absolutely comforting. This is what I call a joyful meal!
- 1 small chicken (about 1 kg) - دجاج
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 sprig rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 4 sprig thyme (or 2 tsp. dried thyme) - زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 medium potatoes - بطاطس
- 2 small garlic cloves minced - فصوص ثوم
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Marinate the chicken with the juice of one lime, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and half the rosemary and thyme quantity. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and place in an oven-proof dish. Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and a drizzle olive oil. Toss the potatoes together and arrange on the baking dish.
- Place the marinated chicken over the potatoes. Sprinkle with extra thyme on top. Arrange sliced lime over the chicken. And finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 60- 75 minutes or until the chicken and the potatoes are cooked through. Ovens may vary so if you feel that the surface will burn, you can cover the dish with foil for half of the baking time. Best served with white rice and a simple salad.
Barbecue Marinated Grilled Chicken
الوصفه بالعربي Simple recipes do go a long way! This is one simple chicken marinade...
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat... and all you really...
Japanese Beef & Spinach Rice Wraps: Soboro Onigirazu
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge which closes Dec 5, 2015. Click here to...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside with a tasty cheesy yet fresh taste. It is perfect as a side veggie dish for your everyday lunch as well as for big gatherings. This recipe serves 4-6. For bigger dinner parties, you will need to double the […]