Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
By shahdan • February 3, 2016
When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary is always phenomenal! With no added onions, this succulent & moist chicken roast is infused with the most delicate herbal aromas. The lime adds extra freshness, while the fragrant roasted potatoes make it absolutely comforting. This is what I call a joyful meal!
- 1 small chicken (about 1 kg) - دجاج
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 sprig rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 4 sprig thyme (or 2 tsp. dried thyme) - زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 medium potatoes - بطاطس
- 2 small garlic cloves minced - فصوص ثوم
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Marinate the chicken with the juice of one lime, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and half the rosemary and thyme quantity. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and place in an oven-proof dish. Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and a drizzle olive oil. Toss the potatoes together and arrange on the baking dish. Add half a cup of water on the potatoes to help them cook without burning.
- Place the marinated chicken over the potatoes. Sprinkle with extra thyme on top. Arrange sliced lime over the chicken. And finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 60- 75 minutes or until the chicken and the potatoes are cooked through. Ovens may vary so if you feel that the surface will burn, you can cover the dish with foil for half of the baking time. Best served with white rice and a simple salad.
Easy, quick, and super nutritious! Re-invent the classic taboula with today's super seed:...
Spring Vegetable Frittata
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is...
Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]