Paleo Chocolate Mousse
By yasmine • November 7, 2015
Paleo cooking refrains from processed sugars and gluten but doesn’t compromise on good taste. This avocado & 100% cocoa-based mousse is so fluffy and light yet delicious. The longer it stays in the fridge the richer it becomes and the deeper the flavour. It is one of those easy desserts you can prepare when you have a sweet craving.
- 2 avocado (ripe, peeled & deseeded) - أفوكادو
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (100% cocoa) - بودرة كاكاو
- 1/4 cup honey - عسل
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 tablespoon strawberries (chopped OR pomegranate) - فراولة
- 4-5 piece mint (optional for garnish) - نعناع
Step by step
- Cube the avocado and place it in the blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until combined and fluffy. You may need to pulse a couple of times to make sure the avocado is fully pureed.
- Place the mousse in one or several individual bowls and leave them in the fridge for an hour before serving. You can garnish with fresh strawberries, pomegranate and/or fresh mint.
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
This pudding is perfect for you and your family. Blueberries slow the growth of various cancers,...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]