Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
By Aida Dessouki • September 29, 2015
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely like it!
Note: It is preferable that you use tuna soaked in water not oil. Also, you can prepare the dipping sauce in advance and refrigerate it.
Recipe by Aida Dessouki – baker and caterer at https://www.facebook.com/groups/891797210892829/
- 250 gram fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (and more for coating) - بقسماط
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 2 red onions (minced) - بصل أحمر
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 can tuna fish (washed & drained) - تونة
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 tablespoon capers (washed & drained) - حب الكبر
- 1 small red onion (minced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- In a large bowl, mix fish, breadcrumbs, parsley, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, ground coriander, minced red onions, mustard, tuna and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put more breadcrumbs in a plate. Form mixture into patties using around 1/4 cup of the mixture per patty, then coat each side with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with enough oil to coat the bottom and cook the fishcakes until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on kitchen paper to drain the excess oil.
- Mix all ingredients of the Dijon-Mayo Caper Dressing in a medium bowl together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Baked Chicken Fingers
الوصفة بالعربي If my daughter had the option, she would have eaten fried breaded...
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]