Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
By Aida Dessouki • September 29, 2015
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely like it!
Note: It is preferable that you use tuna soaked in water not oil. Also, you can prepare the dipping sauce in advance and refrigerate it.
Recipe by Aida Dessouki – baker and caterer at https://www.facebook.com/groups/891797210892829/
- 250 gram fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (and more for coating) - بقسماط
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 2 red onions (minced) - بصل أحمر
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 can tuna fish (washed & drained) - تونة
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 tablespoon capers (washed & drained) - حب الكبر
- 1 small red onion (minced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- In a large bowl, mix fish, breadcrumbs, parsley, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, ground coriander, minced red onions, mustard, tuna and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put more breadcrumbs in a plate. Form mixture into patties using around 1/4 cup of the mixture per patty, then coat each side with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with enough oil to coat the bottom and cook the fishcakes until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on kitchen paper to drain the excess oil.
- Mix all ingredients of the Dijon-Mayo Caper Dressing in a medium bowl together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Shortcut Baked Apple Crumble
This is such a simple winter dessert, you will find yourself doing again and again. You don't even...
Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the...
Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]