Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
By Aida Dessouki • September 29, 2015
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely like it!
Note: It is preferable that you use tuna soaked in water not oil. Also, you can prepare the dipping sauce in advance and refrigerate it.
Recipe by Aida Dessouki – baker and caterer at https://www.facebook.com/groups/891797210892829/
- 250 gram fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (and more for coating) - بقسماط
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 2 red onions (minced) - بصل أحمر
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 can tuna fish (washed & drained) - تونة
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 tablespoon capers (washed & drained) - حب الكبر
- 1 small red onion (minced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- In a large bowl, mix fish, breadcrumbs, parsley, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, ground coriander, minced red onions, mustard, tuna and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put more breadcrumbs in a plate. Form mixture into patties using around 1/4 cup of the mixture per patty, then coat each side with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with enough oil to coat the bottom and cook the fishcakes until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on kitchen paper to drain the excess oil.
- Mix all ingredients of the Dijon-Mayo Caper Dressing in a medium bowl together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Duck & Rice Beraam
الوصفة بالعربي Rice “beraam” with meat or poultry is very famous in the Egyptian...
Wholesome Black-Eyed Pea Salad
It's time to give black-eyed peas a chance since it is creamy, nutritious and full of goodness...
Smoked Salmon, Radish & Avocado Salad
Some delicious dishes are just too easy to prepare, like this family favorite Salmon & Avocado...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]