Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
By Aida Dessouki • September 29, 2015
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely like it!
Note: It is preferable that you use tuna soaked in water not oil. Also, you can prepare the dipping sauce in advance and refrigerate it.
Recipe by Aida Dessouki – baker and caterer at https://www.facebook.com/groups/891797210892829/
- 250 gram fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (and more for coating) - بقسماط
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 2 red onions (minced) - بصل أحمر
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 can tuna fish (washed & drained) - تونة
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 tablespoon capers (washed & drained) - حب الكبر
- 1 small red onion (minced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- In a large bowl, mix fish, breadcrumbs, parsley, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, ground coriander, minced red onions, mustard, tuna and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put more breadcrumbs in a plate. Form mixture into patties using around 1/4 cup of the mixture per patty, then coat each side with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with enough oil to coat the bottom and cook the fishcakes until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on kitchen paper to drain the excess oil.
- Mix all ingredients of the Dijon-Mayo Caper Dressing in a medium bowl together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Watermelon Ice Popsicles
On a hot summer's day, what's better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded...
Originally a traditional Russian dish, Beef Stroganoff is always a crowd pleaser! It is easy to...
Everyday Salad with Balsamic Dijon Dressing
No table is ever complete without a bowl of fresh green salad dressed in a tasty homemade...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]