Cozy Cauliflower Soup
By yasmine • November 7, 2015
This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn’t regularly eat cauliflower will enjoy its creaminess and filling taste. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes for your family and friends.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 cup cauliflower (cut in florets) - قرنبيط
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 3 cup chicken broth/stock (OR vegetable broth) - مرقة دجاج
- 1/2 cup milk - لبن
- 1/4 cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- paprika (optional for garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil on and sauté the onions followed by garlic on medium heat until softened.
- Add cauliflower, sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir all for a couple of minutes before adding warm broth.
- As soon as the mix starts boiling, bring the heat down, cover and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes - until you feel the cauliflower florets are cooked through.
- Stir in the milk making sure the soup is still simmering.
- Using a blender or a handheld mixer blend the mix into a creamy soup consistency. You can add some cooking cream if you like and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Dust the soup with some paprika powder for garnish.
Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
This easy egg salad sandwich is creamy, delicious and super nutritious. It will leave your kids...
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something...
Homemade Crispy & Creamy Konafa
الوصفه بالعربي Golden, thin, crispy and shimmering with light sweet syrup on top…...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.