Cozy Cauliflower Soup
By yasmine • November 7, 2015
This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn’t regularly eat cauliflower will enjoy its creaminess and filling taste. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes for your family and friends.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 cup cauliflower (cut in florets) - قرنبيط
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 3 cup chicken broth/stock (OR vegetable broth) - مرقة دجاج
- 1/2 cup milk - لبن
- 1/4 cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- paprika (optional for garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil on and sauté the onions followed by garlic on medium heat until softened.
- Add cauliflower, sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir all for a couple of minutes before adding warm broth.
- As soon as the mix starts boiling, bring the heat down, cover and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes - until you feel the cauliflower florets are cooked through.
- Stir in the milk making sure the soup is still simmering.
- Using a blender or a handheld mixer blend the mix into a creamy soup consistency. You can add some cooking cream if you like and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Dust the soup with some paprika powder for garnish.
Traditional Macaroni Béchamel
No matter how creative we cook, a classic macaroni béchamel will always be a family favourite!...
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because of its lightness, simplicity and goes well with any protein or carb dish. You can have it light without the toast but you defiantly treat yourself to a restaurant quality dish with some good melted cheese on toast.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]