Cozy Cauliflower Soup
By yasmine • November 7, 2015
This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn’t regularly eat cauliflower will enjoy its creaminess and filling taste. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes for your family and friends.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 cup cauliflower (cut in florets) - قرنبيط
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 3 cup chicken broth/stock (OR vegetable broth) - مرقة دجاج
- 1/2 cup milk - لبن
- 1/4 cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- paprika (optional for garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil on and sauté the onions followed by garlic on medium heat until softened.
- Add cauliflower, sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir all for a couple of minutes before adding warm broth.
- As soon as the mix starts boiling, bring the heat down, cover and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes - until you feel the cauliflower florets are cooked through.
- Stir in the milk making sure the soup is still simmering.
- Using a blender or a handheld mixer blend the mix into a creamy soup consistency. You can add some cooking cream if you like and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Dust the soup with some paprika powder for garnish.
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter! If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water […]
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best…this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so heart-warmingly delicious. The flavours are deep and intense without the need to use any stock. With lots of veggies and wholesome lentils, it ensures that you and your family are getting the right nutrients! It will surely become your new favourite winter-warmer!
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the most flavourful and aromatic. The main difference comes from sautéing the veggies and chicken in one tablespoon oil before adding water. This allows the fresh ingredients to release their wonderful aromas, while the chicken gets a nice light colour on […]