Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
By yasmine • June 7, 2015
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are already sweetened, I found no need to add any extra sugar (if you feel you do need sugar then add it while the dried fruits are boiling according to taste).
The recipe is super simple – you put the same amounts of dried figs, dried apricots and prunes with half the measure of raisins and a quarter from the nut. So whatever the amount of Khoshaf you want to prepare (since Khoshaf can last up to 10 days in the fridge), just stick to the comparative measures.
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 cup dried prunes
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins - زبيب
- 1/4 cup almonds (peeled & silvered) - لوز
- 4 cup water - ماء
- 1 tablespoon Orange Blossom Water (optional) - ماء الزهر
Step by step
- Wash all ingredinets thoroughly and cut figs into quarters. You may also cut prunes in half to deseed them.
- Put all ingredients (except the almonds) in a medium pot and cover with water. Put it on medium heat until it comes to a boil (about 10 minutes).
- Remove pot from the heat, stir-in orange blossom water if using any, and let it cool for a few minutes before you transfer the Khoshaf into a bowl or a box to place it in the fridge. Leave it in the fridge for a minimum of two hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, add nuts and stir them into the sauce. Serve it cold.
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Rustic Cheese Tart
This cheese tart makes a sophisticated yet easy entertaining dish that you can prepare and bake...
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
In the kitchen, I'm a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that - an easy recipe, like this...
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs in most Dukka recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the sesame in the Dukka creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender. You can […]