Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
By yasmine • June 7, 2015
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are already sweetened, I found no need to add any extra sugar (if you feel you do need sugar then add it while the dried fruits are boiling according to taste).
The recipe is super simple – you put the same amounts of dried figs, dried apricots and prunes with half the measure of raisins and a quarter from the nut. So whatever the amount of Khoshaf you want to prepare (since Khoshaf can last up to 10 days in the fridge), just stick to the comparative measures.
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 cup dried prunes
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins - زبيب
- 4 cup water - ماء
- 1 tablespoon Orange Blossom Water (optional) - ماء الزهر
- 1/4 cup almonds (peeled & halved) - لوز
Step by step
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly and cut figs into quarters. You may also cut prunes in half to deseed them.
- Put all dried fruits in a medium pot and cover with water. Put it on medium heat until it comes to a boil (about 10 minutes).
- Remove pot from heat, stir-in orange blossom water, if using any, and let it cool for a few minutes before you transfer the Khoshaf into a bowl or a box to place it in the fridge. Leave it in the fridge for a minimum of two hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, add toasted nuts and stir them into the sauce. Serve it cold.
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.