Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
By yasmine • May 13, 2015
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with it. I think however you cook your livers – they will always taste fantastic! This recipe is simple and doesn’t need any special ingredients. Since, we cook this dish a lot at home, I have updated the recipe again to make sure the oriental taste comes through in every bite.
- 500 gram liver (shredded) - كبدة
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1/2 yellow pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 tomato (peeled and chopped) - طماطم
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- green chili pepper (OR red chili pepper - chopped - optional) - فلفل أخضر حار
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - بقدونس
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix vinegar, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper and marinade shredded liver in the fridge for half hour.
- In a large pan, add oil and fry garlic on medium heat for a couple of minutes before adding the liver (make sure garlic doesn't turn brown). Let the liver fry for a few minutes until it gets some brownish colour then remove it from the pan.
- In the same pan, add sliced bell peppers, chili peppers and tomatoes and let them cook for 5 minutes or until they soften a bit – then add the liver back and let it cook in the liquid created for another 10 minutes (or until liquid evaporates a bit).
- Serve it hot with a garnish of chopped parsley and some Tahini on the side.
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
This pan-seared scallops recipe is very easy and simple. Scallops are highly nutritious, full of...
The Ultimate Veteran Burger
الوصفة بالعربي A 200 gram beef burger patty between two special buns of only egg...
This Moussaka is irresistibly delicious, without the extra calories. The eggplants are oven-roasted not fried. This doesn’t take away from the taste, on the contrary, the eggplants are more flavourful and rich here. Because cooking moussaka is a lengthy process with many different components, I like to shortcut my way to this delicious dish using […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]