Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
By yasmine • May 13, 2015
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with it. I think however you cook your livers – they will always taste fantastic! This recipe is simple and doesn’t need any special ingredients. Since, we cook this dish a lot at home, I have updated the recipe again to make sure the oriental taste comes through in every bite.
- 500 gram liver (shredded) - كبدة
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1/2 yellow pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 tomato (peeled and chopped) - طماطم
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- green chili pepper (OR red chili pepper - chopped - optional) - فلفل أخضر حار
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - بقدونس
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix vinegar, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper and marinade shredded liver in the fridge for half hour.
- In a large pan, add oil and fry garlic on medium heat for a couple of minutes before adding the liver (make sure garlic doesn't turn brown). Let the liver fry for a few minutes until it gets some brownish colour then remove it from the pan.
- In the same pan, add sliced bell peppers, chili peppers and tomatoes and let them cook for 5 minutes or until they soften a bit – then add the liver back and let it cook in the liquid created for another 10 minutes (or until liquid evaporates a bit).
- Serve it hot with a garnish of chopped parsley and some Tahini on the side.
Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy...
Lemon Butter Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي A new, moist and buttery take on a classic chicken dish. Recipe...
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
Oven-Baked Fish with Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي The beauty of this homemade oven-baked fish lies in its simplicity. Unlike most ready-cooked fish dishes in Egypt that use many herbs and spices, this marinade is very basic which allows you to enjoy the pure and delicious taste of white fish meat. I am using sea bream fish (دنيس), yet you can […]