Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
By yasmine • May 13, 2015
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with it. I think however you cook your livers – they will always taste fantastic! This recipe is simple and doesn’t need any special ingredients. Since, we cook this dish a lot at home, I have updated the recipe again to make sure the oriental taste comes through in every bite.
- 500 gram liver (shredded) - كبدة
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1/2 yellow pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 tomato (peeled and chopped) - طماطم
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- green chili pepper (OR red chili pepper - chopped - optional) - فلفل أخضر حار
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - بقدونس
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix vinegar, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper and marinade shredded liver in the fridge for half hour.
- In a large pan, add oil and fry garlic on medium heat for a couple of minutes before adding the liver (make sure garlic doesn't turn brown). Let the liver fry for a few minutes until it gets some brownish colour then remove it from the pan.
- In the same pan, add sliced bell peppers, chili peppers and tomatoes and let them cook for 5 minutes or until they soften a bit – then add the liver back and let it cook in the liquid created for another 10 minutes (or until liquid evaporates a bit).
- Serve it hot with a garnish of chopped parsley and some Tahini on the side.
Spiced Rice with Beef & Spring Onions
If you love hearty & filling homemade dishes, you will adore this one-pot Spiced Rice with...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Homemade Fresh Fish Stock
Fish broth is easy and quick to make with ingredients available in your household. It will go into...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.