Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for myself when I’m on a detox phase. The combination might seem strange to some people, but when I decided to serve it to my family since it’s full of nutrients, they found it delicious! I made some minor changes to the original recipe: I used butter instead of olive oil, some homemade chicken broth instead of water, increased the amount of arugula and added cream occasionally – just to make it creamier and more filling! They all loved it – including my 18 months toddler! The arugula gives it a fresh kick making it optimal as an Iftar soup on these hot Ramadan sunsets.
This recipe was inspired by “IT’S ALL GOOD” recipe book by Gwyneth Paltrow
- ½ kg broccoli (around 1 head) - بروكلى
- 1 bunch arugula (preferably the big leaves) - جرجير
- 1 tablespoon butter (OR olive oil for lower fat) - زبدة
- 1 onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2 to 3 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water with a pinch of salt) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup water - ماء
Step by step
- In a large soup pot, fry onions in butter for 10 minutes then add the garlic for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli florets then add the chicken broth and hot water. Season with salt and fresh pepper and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the arugula leaves (get rid of stems) and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer or a blender to smoothen the soup, then spoon in cream (if you want to) after you let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
Luscious Tuna Wrap
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add...
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي This is the recipe you need for those super busy days. Toss the...
Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
Pile this delicous creamy chicken sandwich with all your favorite nutritious greens, such as...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]