Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for myself when I’m on a detox phase. The combination might seem strange to some people, but when I decided to serve it to my family since it’s full of nutrients, they found it delicious! I made some minor changes to the original recipe: I used butter instead of olive oil, some homemade chicken broth instead of water, increased the amount of arugula and added cream occasionally – just to make it creamier and more filling! They all loved it – including my 18 months toddler! The arugula gives it a fresh kick making it optimal as an Iftar soup on these hot Ramadan sunsets.
This recipe was inspired by “IT’S ALL GOOD” recipe book by Gwyneth Paltrow
- ½ kg broccoli (around 1 head) - بروكلى
- 1 bunch arugula (preferably the big leaves) - جرجير
- 1 tablespoon butter (OR olive oil for lower fat) - زبدة
- 1 onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2 to 3 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water with a pinch of salt) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup water - ماء
Step by step
- In a large soup pot, fry onions in butter for 10 minutes then add the garlic for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli florets then add the chicken broth and hot water. Season with salt and fresh pepper and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the arugula leaves (get rid of stems) and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer or a blender to smoothen the soup, then spoon in cream (if you want to) after you let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
Pineapple Quinoa Salad
With the sweet taste of pineapple and the aroma of fresh mint leaves, this exotic quinoa salad...
Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we...
Honey Cinnamon Toasties
From 12 months. Make your kids happy with those yummy sweet toasties. Healthy, super simple, and...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.