Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for myself when I’m on a detox phase. The combination might seem strange to some people, but when I decided to serve it to my family since it’s full of nutrients, they found it delicious! I made some minor changes to the original recipe: I used butter instead of olive oil, some homemade chicken broth instead of water, increased the amount of arugula and added cream occasionally – just to make it creamier and more filling! They all loved it – including my 18 months toddler! The arugula gives it a fresh kick making it optimal as an Iftar soup on these hot Ramadan sunsets.
This recipe was inspired by “IT’S ALL GOOD” recipe book by Gwyneth Paltrow
- ½ kg broccoli (around 1 head) - بروكلى
- 1 bunch arugula (preferably the big leaves) - جرجير
- 1 tablespoon butter (OR olive oil for lower fat) - زبدة
- 1 onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2 to 3 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water with a pinch of salt) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup water - ماء
Step by step
- In a large soup pot, fry onions in butter for 10 minutes then add the garlic for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli florets then add the chicken broth and hot water. Season with salt and fresh pepper and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the arugula leaves (get rid of stems) and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer or a blender to smoothen the soup, then spoon in cream (if you want to) after you let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
El-Mouled Gingerbread Cookies
When a classic christmassy recipe meets a very authentic presentation..Just the perfect way to...
Kiddie Yummy Cut Out Cookies
Fun and easy to prepare, these cookies will keep your kids entertained. With no sophisticated...
Couscous Salad with Vegetables & Herbs
A colourful side dish, full of texture and flavour! Serve it with your favourite grilled meat...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]