Creamy Banana Almond Ice Cream
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 10, 2015
Peel and break the bananas into quarters and freeze for at least 12 hours before making this recipe.
- 3 tablespoon almond milk - حليب اللوز
- 4 bananas - موز
- 60 gram dates (around 4-5 big ones , pitted) - بلح
- 2 tablespoon almond butter (or any other nut butter - زبدة اللوز
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder - بودرة كاكاو
- cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Place the ingredients into a blender starting with the almond milk, then cocoa, almond butter, dates, and finally the frozen bananas.
- Blend until very smooth. Taste test to make sure it is sweet enough — if not, add a few more dates.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of nuts, or a drizzle of maple syrup or agave nectar as desired.
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater)...
Feel-Good Artichoke Soup
Loaded with artichokes, peas and carrots, this soup is the ultimate comfort soup. The dill adds a...
If you find yourself cooking rice daily, you may want to try cooking freekeh instead. It is...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.