Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
By yasmine • November 17, 2019
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country.
In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with scrumptious roasted eggplants, to make it not only lighter, but also full of mouth-watering textures and Mediterranean flavours.
- 1 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 200g gram feta cheese (diced) - جبنه فيتا
- 100 gram black olives (deseeded & diced) - زيتون أسود
- 500 gram tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- 1 cup parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 tablespoon thyme (finely chopped) - زعتر
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Slice the eggplant into two halves lengthwise. Arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in a 200C oven for 25-30 minutes until roasted and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix diced tomatoes with cheese, olives, and parsley.
- Season with thyme, lime juice, salt, pepper and the remaining olive oil.
- To serve, place eggplant halves on large plate and spoon tomato-cheese mix over each half. Sprinkle some more partly and thyme for garnish. Serve with toasted bread on the side.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a...
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try...
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]