Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
By yasmine • November 17, 2019
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country.
In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with scrumptious roasted eggplants, to make it not only lighter, but also full of mouth-watering textures and Mediterranean flavours.
- 1 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 200g gram feta cheese (diced) - جبنه فيتا
- 100 gram black olives (deseeded & diced) - زيتون أسود
- 500 gram tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- 1 cup parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 tablespoon thyme (finely chopped) - زعتر
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Slice the eggplant into two halves lengthwise. Arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in a 200C oven for 25-30 minutes until roasted and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix diced tomatoes with cheese, olives, and parsley.
- Season with thyme, lime juice, salt, pepper and the remaining olive oil.
- To serve, place eggplant halves on large plate and spoon tomato-cheese mix over each half. Sprinkle some more partly and thyme for garnish. Serve with toasted bread on the side.
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking...
Tasty Zucchini Waffles
This is a perfect way to sneak in some zucchini in your kids' breakfast waffles! And the good...
No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread,...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]