Creamy Chicken & Corn Soup
By shahdan • December 29, 2015
Pure happiness in a bowl… There is something really special about it, it’s creamy, delicate and super comforting. I learned it from my mom, but it’s always more special when she cooks it for us! When she serves it on her table, everyone asks for more (and for the recipe, too)!
- 1 can sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 3 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 liter half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (or 2 cubes dissolved in 2 cups of hot water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 large chicken breast (cooked) - صدور دجاج
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Drain the sweet corn water. Melt 1/2 tbsp. butter in a small pot and cook the corn on low heat for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, melt the remaining butter and oil. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes (until the flour bubbles), then add the milk.
- Whisk continously, making sure there are no lumps and continue whisking as the milk warms and thickens. Do not rush this step, you need the milk to get thicker before you add the stock (15- 20 minutes).
- Stir in the hot chicken stock (or the cubes dissolved in water.) Lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces, and add it to the soup together with the sweet corn and the cooking cream. Adjust salt and pepper, leave it to simmer for a further 5 minutes and serve.
- If you need to reheat the soup later, you might need to add a little (around 1/4 cup) water.
Red Thai Chicken Curry
الوصفه بالعربي This delicious Red Curry Chicken dish is super easy for everyday, and...
Guacamole: Chunky Avocado Spread & Dip
الوصفة بالعربي This avocado dip is chunky and full of flavour! It can stay up to 2...
Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking's Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter! If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water […]
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best…this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so heart-warmingly delicious. The flavours are deep and intense without the need to use any stock. With lots of veggies and wholesome lentils, it ensures that you and your family are getting the right nutrients! It will surely become your new favourite winter-warmer!