Creamy Chicken & Corn Soup
By shahdan • December 29, 2015
Pure happiness in a bowl… There is something really special about it, it’s creamy, delicate and super comforting. I learned it from my mom, but it’s always more special when she cooks it for us! When she serves it on her table, everyone asks for more (and for the recipe, too)!
- 1 can sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 3 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 liter half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (or 2 cubes dissolved in 2 cups of hot water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 large chicken breast (cooked) - صدور دجاج
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Drain the sweet corn water. Melt 1/2 tbsp. butter in a small pot and cook the corn on low heat for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, melt the remaining butter and oil. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes (until the flour bubbles), then add the milk.
- Whisk continously, making sure there are no lumps and continue whisking as the milk warms and thickens. Do not rush this step, you need the milk to get thicker before you add the stock (15- 20 minutes).
- Stir in the hot chicken stock (or the cubes dissolved in water.) Lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces, and add it to the soup together with the sweet corn and the cooking cream. Adjust salt and pepper, leave it to simmer for a further 5 minutes and serve.
- If you need to reheat the soup later, you might need to add a little (around 1/4 cup) water.
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can...
White Beans Mayonnaise with a Kick
This is a great dressing for grilled meat replacing fatty mayonnaise and heavy sauces. You can...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter! If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water […]
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best…this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so heart-warmingly delicious. The flavours are deep and intense without the need to use any stock. With lots of veggies and wholesome lentils, it ensures that you and your family are getting the right nutrients! It will surely become your new favourite winter-warmer!
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the most flavourful and aromatic. The main difference comes from sautéing the veggies and chicken in one tablespoon oil before adding water. This allows the fresh ingredients to release their wonderful aromas, while the chicken gets a nice light colour on […]