Creamy Chicken & Corn Soup
By shahdan • December 29, 2015
Pure happiness in a bowl… There is something really special about it, it’s creamy, delicate and super comforting. I learned it from my mom, but it’s always more special when she cooks it for us! When she serves it on her table, everyone asks for more (and for the recipe, too)!
- 1 can sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 3 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 liter half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (or 2 cubes dissolved in 2 cups of hot water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 large chicken breast (cooked) - صدور دجاج
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Drain the sweet corn water. Melt 1/2 tbsp. butter in a small pot and cook the corn on low heat for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, melt the remaining butter and oil. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes (until the flour bubbles), then add the milk.
- Whisk continously, making sure there are no lumps and continue whisking as the milk warms and thickens. Do not rush this step, you need the milk to get thicker before you add the stock (15- 20 minutes).
- Stir in the hot chicken stock (or the cubes dissolved in water.) Lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces, and add it to the soup together with the sweet corn and the cooking cream. Adjust salt and pepper, leave it to simmer for a further 5 minutes and serve.
- If you need to reheat the soup later, you might need to add a little (around 1/4 cup) water.
Eggplant & Shrimp Farfalle
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-Pan.com. Easy and...
El-Mouled Gingerbread Cookies
When a classic christmassy recipe meets a very authentic presentation..Just the perfect way to...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.