Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
By shahdan • November 17, 2019
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving!
This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
- 4 large chicken thighs (or whole chicken) - أوراك الدجاج
- For the chicken marinade:
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1.5 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 3/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
Step by step
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a small jar and shake well to mix.
- Place the chicken quarters in a fridge bag or box, pour the marinade over the chicken, and make sure all pieces are well coated. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, or, for best results, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Arrange chicken thighs on a baking tray and sprinkle the top with a little extra salt.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Serve hot.
Tender & Juicy Chicken Breast Fillets
On busy days, most people choose to cook chicken breast fillets, just because the fillets are...
Oriental Mezza: Lupini & Chickpeas
A typical Egyptian mezza platter that is healthy, nutritious and filling. This platter is so easy...
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]