Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
By shahdan • November 17, 2019
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving!
This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
- 4 large chicken thighs (or whole chicken) - أوراك الدجاج
- For the chicken marinade:
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1.5 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 3/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
Step by step
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a small jar and shake well to mix.
- Place the chicken quarters in a fridge bag or box, pour the marinade over the chicken, and make sure all pieces are well coated. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, or, for best results, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Arrange chicken thighs on a baking tray and sprinkle the top with a little extra salt.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Serve hot.
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Colorful Tuna & Quinoa Salad
A colourful tuna & Quinoa salad packed with vitamins and healthy protein. Place it in a packed...
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]