Oven-Baked Herb Fish
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 10, 2015
To add more fish to your weekly meals, try this hassle-free sea bass recipe! In less than 30 minutes, you can enjoy this fish feast with your family and friends.
- 1 box sea bass fish (about 2.5 lbs, scaled and gutted) - سمك الباسه
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle) - زيت الزيتون بكر
- rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- handful basil - ريحان
- 2 garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1/2 lemon (cut into slices) - ليمون
Step by step
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Score the sea bass on both sides and rub all over with salt, pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil.
- Pick the rosemary sprigs off the hard stems. Roll a large basil leaf tightly around each rosemary sprig. Insert into the slashes in the fish, along with the garlic slices.
- Lay the sea bass on parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Stuff the cavity with the lemon wedges and remaining rosemary. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the flesh is opaque and just cooked through.
The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when...
Warm Freekeh Eggplant Salad – Comfort Food at its Healthiest
Who knew the combination of freekeh and eggplants can be so hearty? With available ingredients,...
Meat Goulash (Egyptian Beef Filo Pie)
The meat goulash is such a traditional dish in Egypt and the south part of the Mediterranean. You...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.