Oven-Baked Herb Fish
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 10, 2015
To add more fish to your weekly meals, try this hassle-free sea bass recipe! In less than 30 minutes, you can enjoy this fish feast with your family and friends.
- 1 box sea bass fish (about 2.5 lbs, scaled and gutted) - سمك الباسه
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle) - زيت الزيتون بكر
- rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- handful basil - ريحان
- 2 garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1/2 lemon (cut into slices) - ليمون
Step by step
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Score the sea bass on both sides and rub all over with salt, pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil.
- Pick the rosemary sprigs off the hard stems. Roll a large basil leaf tightly around each rosemary sprig. Insert into the slashes in the fish, along with the garlic slices.
- Lay the sea bass on parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Stuff the cavity with the lemon wedges and remaining rosemary. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the flesh is opaque and just cooked through.
Best Winter Treat: Gingerbread Men
Just in time for the holidays... Baking gingerbread men is one of the best ways to enjoy the...
Homemade Fresh Fish Stock
Fish broth is easy and quick to make with ingredients available in your household. It will go into...
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]