Lemon Butter Chicken
By Nada Khaled • December 3, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This dish was tested in the CairoCooking kitchen and the result was tender chicken in mouthwatering creamy sauce! We fell in love with this heavenly chicken dish and we definetly recommend it!
A new, moist and buttery take on a classic chicken dish.
Recipe uploaded by Nada Khaled.
- 3 large chicken breast (fillets) - صدور دجاج
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 3/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 tablespoon coriander (freshly chopped) - كزبرة
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the chicken breasts vertically.
- Season the breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan and fry chicken breasts until golden on all sides (it doesn't need to be fully cooked). Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and followed by the minced garlic. One minute in, add lime juice, the chicken broth, cooking cream, coriander and flour. Stir well.
- As soon the sauce starts boiling, turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Return the chicken to the pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (until cooked through). Serve warm.
Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
This easy egg salad sandwich is creamy, delicious and super nutritious. It will leave your kids...
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]