Lemon Butter Chicken
By Nada Khaled • December 3, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This dish was tested in the CairoCooking kitchen and the result was tender chicken in mouthwatering creamy sauce! We fell in love with this heavenly chicken dish and we definetly recommend it!
A new, moist and buttery take on a classic chicken dish.
Recipe uploaded by Nada Khaled.
- 3 large chicken breast (fillets) - صدور دجاج
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 3/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 tablespoon coriander (freshly chopped) - كزبرة
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the chicken breasts vertically.
- Season the breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan and fry chicken breasts until golden on all sides (it doesn't need to be fully cooked). Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and followed by the minced garlic. One minute in, add lime juice, the chicken broth, cooking cream, coriander and flour. Stir well.
- As soon the sauce starts boiling, turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Return the chicken to the pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (until cooked through). Serve warm.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Homemade Roast Beef Toasties
The key to preparing these healthy kid-friendly lunchbox toasties, is to use a cucumber peeler to...
Eggplant Upside-Down Fatta
Eggplants, yoghurt, garlic and golden crispy bread are just a match made in heaven. Every eggplant...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.