Lemon Butter Chicken
By Nada Khaled • December 3, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This dish was tested in the CairoCooking kitchen and the result was tender chicken in mouthwatering creamy sauce! We fell in love with this heavenly chicken dish and we definetly recommend it!
A new, moist and buttery take on a classic chicken dish.
Recipe uploaded by Nada Khaled.
- 3 large chicken breast (fillets) - صدور دجاج
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 3/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 tablespoon coriander (freshly chopped) - كزبرة
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the chicken breasts vertically.
- Season the breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan and fry chicken breasts until golden on all sides (it doesn't need to be fully cooked). Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and followed by the minced garlic. One minute in, add lime juice, the chicken broth, cooking cream, coriander and flour. Stir well.
- As soon the sauce starts boiling, turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Return the chicken to the pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (until cooked through). Serve warm.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to...
Creamy Banana Almond Ice Cream
Peel and break the bananas into quarters and freeze for at least 12 hours before making this...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]