Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
By shahdan • April 8, 2020
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike.
This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed together in a blender, then poured into the prepared muffin tray, and baked for only 15 minutes.
Make sure to use a pure molasses brand that does not include any added refined sugar.
- 1/2 cup oats (plus extra for garnish) - شوفان
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder (100% cocoa) - بودرة كاكاو
- 2 bananas (ripe and roughly chopped) - موز
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1/4 cup tahini - طحينة
- 1/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 1/4 cup milk (60 ml) - لبن
- 3 tablespoon chocolate chips (dark) - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
Step by step
- Place oats in a blender/ food processor and pulse until they turn into powder.
- Add flour, baking powder and cocoa. Give it another quick blend.
- Next, add bananas and the wet ingredients: egg, vanilla, tahini, molasses and milk. Blend all ingredients into a smooth batter but don't over-blend.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons chocolate chips to the batter with a spoon.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases or brush with oil.
- Fill the muffin cases 3/4 full, and top each muffin with chocolate chips and sprinkle oats.
- Bake in a 170C pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes or until risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins to cool for a few minutes then transfer to cool completely on a wire rack or a plate. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish...
Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious...
Garlic & Vinegar Slow-Cooked Lamb: Lamb Vindaloo
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge which closes Dec 5, 2015. Click here to...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]