Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
By shahdan • April 8, 2020
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike.
This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed together in a blender, then poured into the prepared muffin tray, and baked for only 15 minutes.
Make sure to use a pure molasses brand that does not include any added refined sugar.
- 1/2 cup oats (plus extra for garnish) - شوفان
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder (100% cocoa) - بودرة كاكاو
- 2 bananas (ripe and roughly chopped) - موز
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1/4 cup tahini - طحينة
- 1/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 1/4 cup milk (60 ml) - لبن
- 3 tablespoon chocolate chips (dark) - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
Step by step
- Place oats in a blender/ food processor and pulse until they turn into powder.
- Add flour, baking powder and cocoa. Give it another quick blend.
- Next, add bananas and the wet ingredients: egg, vanilla, tahini, molasses and milk. Blend all ingredients into a smooth batter but don't over-blend.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons chocolate chips to the batter with a spoon.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases or brush with oil.
- Fill the muffin cases 3/4 full, and top each muffin with chocolate chips and sprinkle oats.
- Bake in a 170C pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes or until risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins to cool for a few minutes then transfer to cool completely on a wire rack or a plate. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Crispy Cauliflower & Broccoli Gratin
So heartwarming and delicious, this baked dish is a perfect veggie option for the whole family. It...
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it...
Yellow Cornmeal Orange Cake
Our grandmas’ time, this recipe was as famous as a cheesecake today. Every house had its own...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]