Traditional Fattoush Salad
By shahdan • April 17, 2019
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible.
You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as green or red onions and pomegranate seeds or even roasted eggplant cubes.
- 1 large shamy bread - خبز شامي
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large lettuce (chopped) - خس
- 3-4 medium cucumber (sliced into medium cubes) - خيار
- 3-4 medium tomatoes (sliced into medium cubes) - طماطم
- 4 small radish (sliced into medium cubes) - فجل
- handful parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- handful leaves mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 3 large lime (or 1 1/2 lemon) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Preheat toaster oven to 180C. Then use scissors to cut bread into small rectangles. Place on an ovenproof dish or tray and sprinkle with sumac & garlic powder, then drizzle olive oil. Use your hands to mix in the flavor and place the tray in the oven for 10 minutes or until bread is golden and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, place sliced lettuce in a large bowl. Add sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, parsley and mint.
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients in a small jar.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix. Transfer salad to serving bowl. Arrange crispy bread on top. Sprinkle more sumac to garnish and serve.
Sweet Pumpkin Béchamel
الوصفة بالعربي No matter how many pumpkin recipes we try, the Egyptian traditional...
No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Bechamel
This Cheesy Spinach Bechamel recipe is fast, easy and perfect for everyday when you don’t have...
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]