Traditional Fattoush Salad
By shahdan • April 17, 2019
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible.
You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as green or red onions and pomegranate seeds or even roasted eggplant cubes.
- 1 large shamy bread - خبز شامي
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large lettuce (chopped) - خس
- 3-4 medium cucumber (sliced into medium cubes) - خيار
- 3-4 medium tomatoes (sliced into medium cubes) - طماطم
- 4 small radish (sliced into medium cubes) - فجل
- handful parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- handful leaves mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 3 large lime (or 1 1/2 lemon) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Preheat toaster oven to 180C. Then use scissors to cut bread into small rectangles. Place on an ovenproof dish or tray and sprinkle with sumac & garlic powder, then drizzle olive oil. Use your hands to mix in the flavor and place the tray in the oven for 10 minutes or until bread is golden and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, place sliced lettuce in a large bowl. Add sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, parsley and mint.
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients in a small jar.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix. Transfer salad to serving bowl. Arrange crispy bread on top. Sprinkle more sumac to garnish and serve.
Savoury Qatayef with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Cheese
Sun-dried tomatoes and cheese are a match made in heaven! Stuffing our traditional Qatayef with...
Pineapple Quinoa Salad
With the sweet taste of pineapple and the aroma of fresh mint leaves, this exotic Pineapple Quinoa...
Seared Tuna Salad
It's filling, fast, low calorie and delicious for seafood lovers! Recipe submitted by Sarah...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]