By Mai Saleh • July 11, 2015
You know that ‘batates sandwich’ everyone loves at ‘foul’ shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican version of that Egyptian sandwich!
Recipe uploaded by Mai Saleh
- 1 large potatoes (cut as french fries) - بطاطس
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (for frying) - زيت نباتي
- 1 handful mozzarella cheese - جبن موتزاريلا
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 5 slice pickled cucumber - خيار مخلل
- 2 medium tortilla bread - خبز التورتيلا
Step by step
- Heat the oil and fry the potatoes until golden. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Spread the tortillas with mayonnaise then add the pickled cucumber slices and the fries. Sprinkle some grated mozarella cheese, then add another tortilla bread on top.
- Grill the tortilla bread 2 minutes on each side until crispy and golden. Cut into triangles and serve!
Summer Lime Karkadeh (Hibiscus)
Since Karkadeh is just consumed in Ramadan. I personally think it's the perfect summer drink of all...
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Homemade Fresh Fish Stock
Fish broth is easy and quick to make with ingredients available in your household. It will go into...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new favourite crowd pleaser, as well as an everyday guilt-free dip for those late-night cravings.