Summer Watermelon Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 18, 2015
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot summer days especially barbecues.
- 1/4 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 watermelon (seedless - and cut in 1cm cubes) - بطيخ
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 250 gram feta cheese (diced) - جبنه فيتا
- 1 cup mint (leaves only - thinly sliced) - نعناع
Step by step
- Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. Soak red onion slices in the dressing. If not using within an hour, store the dressing covered in the refrigerator.
- Place watermelon cubes, diced feta & mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with enough red onion vinaigrette to coat & toss well.
- Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
The house will smell divine while these filling, super healthy and extremely delicious Sweet...
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Warm Halva Pudding
If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert. You...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]