Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
By shahdan • February 1, 2018
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 small garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 medium sweet potato (peeled & cubed) - بطاطا
- 4 medium zucchini (sliced) - كوسة
- 1 handful coriander - كزبرة
- 2 medium carrots (chopped) - جزر
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils (washed) - عدس أصفر
- 3 cup water (750 ml) - ماء
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Heat olive oil and saute onions on low heat until soft (about 5 min). Add garlic, ginger and turmeric and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add chopped veggies, lentils and water and raise heat to medium high. When it comes to a boil, lower heat and leave to simmer until lentils are soft and veggies are cooked through (about 25 minutes).
- Add a can of coconut milk and fresh coriander. Blend the soup until smooth. Return to heat, taste and adjust salt and pepper. You may need to add a little extra boiling water (from the kettle) if the soup consistency is too thick. Serve warm.
Entertaining Labna with Debs
الوصفة بالعربي This 2-ingredient appetizer is by far the easiest finger food you can...
Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!