Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
By yasmine • October 14, 2016
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious and works as a side dish to your protein or soup. Adding dried beef or bresaola really works with this salad in case you want to turn it into a meal or lunchbox item.
Prepare it in less than 30 minutes (including cooking the quinoa) and leave it in the fridge until serving (can wait a whole day – just don’t add dressing!)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked & cooled) - كينوا
- 1 bunch arugula (stems removed & sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1/4 cup capers (washed OR pickled onions) - حب الكبر
- 150 gram buffalo mozzarella (sliced) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted OR crushed roasted almonds) - صنوبر
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients and place it in the fridge.
- To cook the quinoa, either follow the pack instructions, or add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer until cooked through.
- Mix cooked quinoa with the rest of the ingredients.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing on salad and serve in a shallow bowl.
Everyday Freekeh with Onions & Carrots
If you want to replace your daily rice dish, Freekeh with Onion & Carrot is the way to go. It...
Once you make your own foul at home, you will never go back to the canned stuff again! Even the...
Fast & Healthy No-Mayo Coleslaw
This is a healthier version of the creamy, crunchy classic version. Just throw one pack of coleslaw...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.